My Cervelo Rca

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

TrekUK - I am with you on this.....if I was going to splash this kind of cash I would've gone custom instead of having to put an absolutely huge spacer stack like that on a 20k bike......just an opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

TrekUk wrote:Super build looks lovely, nice and clean. agree about the spacers, is the frame the right size for you?

Bigger frame and no setback seatpost :noidea:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

The setback post on that frame is appropriate, more so because of the frame's size. Any other company's bike would have put him even farther back.
You guys are silly about the spacer thing. It's completely okay to not try to emulate the pros, they're crazy anyway.
the bike looks great.
I'd consider getting larger individual spacers, to reduce the overall parts count, but that's about it.

Liggero

by Liggero

nice. I suggest to get a barfly 2.0 garmin support when it becomes available, so you can have the garmin in a lower position, and, you can attach the di2 central to it, so no need to attach it to the stem.

Search in google barfly 2.0 and you can see images of it, looks very cool. very nice frame. I like the spacers a lot, it gives a decent position, not like hesjedal...
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

thisisatest wrote:The setback post on that frame is appropriate, more so because of the frame's size. Any other company's bike would have put him even farther back.
You guys are silly about the spacer thing. It's completely okay to not try to emulate the pros, they're crazy anyway.
the bike looks great.
I'd consider getting larger individual spacers, to reduce the overall parts count, but that's about it.

Indeed, or even better a tall carbon tapered headset top cap.
Happy Trails !!!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

C'mon guys.....that many spacers are indicative of a frame that doesn't fit the rider. I am not talking about slamming stems with -17, just basic fit. It is obvious that the frame doesn't fit him, which is silly since he spent 10k on it. Whoever sold it to him is a con artist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

i count 35mm of spacers under the stem, maybe 40. the stem is not flipped upward. some people dont want to bend over that much, but this is FAR from extreme.
maybe the cocoon you live in is full of "pros", but out in the real world, any reputable, experienced fitter will tell you that this is completely acceptable.

PSM

by PSM

Is it ok with Cervélo to have that hight? A few yers ago 80mm was the maximum steerer length above the the frame. That's when there was a glued insert. I have had three R3's...

Norm, just enjoy your bike. ;)

sedluk

by sedluk

You have the correct frame size, no doubt about it. If you went with a larger frame then your stem would be too short or you would have more reach which is not want you want.

But you can make an improvement in aesthetics by having a taller headset cap. I would recommend something like this:

http://www.twohubs.com/p-318-pro-spacer-carbon-integrated.aspx

With a 20mm cap you will remove almost 15mm of spacers. That will go a long way toward looking more pro. And I think looking pro does not matter, but the bike will look better.

normcorriveau

by normcorriveau

Thanks Selduk, that looks very interesting. You are absolutely correct that a 58 just doesn't fit me (at least on a Cervelo). The link you sent didn't work for me but I assume you mean this - http://www.pro-bikegear.com/publish/con ... C0006.html ? It looks like it's hard to find so I'll ask my LBS if he can source it from Shimano.

CBJ

by CBJ

There are plenty of similar cone shaped spacers on Ebay for not too much money also in matt carbon so it will better fit the bike. I think its a great idea I had it on my old bike and it would look good on my current bike too (I have a good amount of spacers too). Just need to make sure the outer diameter fits the frame.

normcorriveau

by normcorriveau

Updated with new 303s and fit adjusted:

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

much better!

xena
Banned

by xena

As above. Very nice.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg