Kuota Kuraro

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NoiseBoy

by NoiseBoy

Hi All, I'm very new to road riding, having been on a hybrid for about a year after not riding for about 8 years. I was drawn to WW as I always enjoyed saving weight on my motorbikes.

Sold a motorbike and put the cash towards a 2013 Kuota Kurora. This is how I picked it up from the shop.

SRAM Force Groupset
Mavic Aksium wheelset
Deda Zero 1 Stem and RHM02 bars. (excuse the spacers, that will change asap!)
San Marco Concor saddle. I would appreciate some suggestions on this, I really like the shape except for a bad pressure spot in the perineum so after something similar but with a cutout or a dipped nose I think. Its also quite heavy at 206g. Id love a full carbon saddle but i'm only 54kg so not sure I would flex one enough for any comfort?
Ebay Special Bontrager RXL cages (22g each)

Weight as seen is 7.76kg, plus the Garmin 500. I'm pretty confident I will get it under 7kg in a few months as funds allow with a lighter saddle, wheelset and then probably stem and bars. Decided to start with training wheels but will upgrade asap. Not much I can do about the seat-post especially as the saddle clamp seems quite heavy. On the plus side it's extremely stiff around the bottom bracket and feels like a rocket ship, but surprisingly copes with rough roads very well. Much more comfortable than I expected.

Cif

by Cif

Hi, very nice bike you have there.

For the saddle, I have a Selle Italia SLR on my Specialized bike. Mostly carbon but a leather seat. Very comfy.
Cannondale Bad Boy 4 (2012) Original weight minus 1541 Gram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com