Leaving BMC, welcoming Trek…

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

get some stealthy graphics on them like I did with my mavics in my thread, as well as black walled tubs. blend in better. but this is your bike regardless and you have a great frame and wheels.

bottlecages are a must IMO they look nasty lol
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

The gummies look awesome, and I couldn't agree more that the XXX Bontrager stuff looks a bit 'rock racing' to me. Build looks killer as is.....the madfibers look great, as well. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Anyway there's this absolutely amazing deal for the tacx tao carbon bottle with a silver option as well http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/BOTACXTAO/tacx_tao_carbon_bottle_cage so that gave me three choices in all, but I still preferred the solid (and more weighty) silver cages here.

From here, more weight savings can be obtained from changing cranks probably, but there isn't many ww cranks with 24mm spindles except for the new Sram Red cranks, and till now nobody is able to confirm that osymetric rings can go with them. An easy hundred grams can be dropped by changing to a lighter cockpit but the Zipp cockpit is just gorgeous. In some areas aesthetic considerations trumps weight concerns...

Reamens

by Reamens

Madone :up:

Gold color :roll: :( :?:

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

you do realise them xxx bonty cages are only 19g each? and look the part on madones.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

PSM

by PSM

Probably the strangest premium bike I have ever seen.

kfreytag

by kfreytag

I didn't think that Zipp stem was going to work but it does. The headtube is so chunky and complex that it fits in.

The gold bits, though, are detracting (IMHO). I think you we're headed in the right direction with the Yokozuna's. the grey industrial look of both the brake and shifter outlers would suit this build very well.

Last is just a personal thing. I can't get used to the look of MadFibers. They look almost comic-like. This frame is classy. The wheels, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

kfreytag

by kfreytag

Double post
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice...

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

A friend came up with this suggestion to shift my seat tube cage down - pulling out the bottle is a PITA as it'll hit the underside of the top tube. Adds 16.6g to it but it's necessary - my purist bottles had shallow gouges from trying to pull them out previously.

Interestingly, when cleaning my bike I realised that the most dusty part of the frame by far is always the 'kammtail' inner side of the downtube, even more so than the headtube. Wonder if anyone has a possible explanation for this phenomenon?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Some things added since the last update; this is as far as I will go for weightweenism as I think the cockpit is about the only place to get worthwhile savings but I find the Zipp cockpit too lovely to change out for lighter options.

Tune skewers

Tune bottle cages - the grip is really quite secure, but best not to be too rough in stuffing bottles back in

New Sram Red crankarms, saved almost a hundred grams on the old ones

Shimano DA 9010 direct mount brakes; made my bike even more like Frankenstein's child with a mix of all the big 3 component makers' parts on the same frame.

The difference these brakes does for the brake lever feel over the stock Bontrager brakes is phenomenal.

And yes, Osymetric rings work for new 4-bolt Sram Red cranks

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Weight for now - 5.84kg with cages on. Something new and exciting coming in another 2-3 weeks to save a few grams more, really looking forward to it.

kgt

by kgt

+1 on Aeolus D3
+1 on black side wall tubs
IMO those chainrings look horrible but obviously they add to your performance so...

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Waiting to see what changes you are making.
Nice weight for your bike, but I'm probably too conservative to mix groupsets like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Don't the latest gen shimano and campag brakes have differing pull ratios?