Leaving BMC, welcoming Trek…

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Was using the stock bontrager brakes before this, not sure if pull ratio differs. But now the lever feel is definitely ultegra-standard at least, when previously it felt very spongy on both sides.

Wife wouldn't let me acquire new wheelsets but I'm very happy with Madfiber actually, and despite the stick they are getting now they are still very nice lightweight wheels. Not very interested to build the exact same RNT team bike anyway. I can get the Vittoria SC at the same price as the CX ones so why not.

iscarrr

by iscarrr

Kayrehn wrote:Was using the stock bontrager brakes before this, not sure if pull ratio differs. But now the lever feel is definitely ultegra-standard at least, when previously it felt very spongy on both sides.

Interesting. I'm running Campy Record with the bontranger brakes, and 100% agreed. The feel is pretty spongy and generally not nice feeling. Wasn't that keen on mixing Shimano brakes with Campy, but if the performance is that much better?!

Was there much weight difference between the stock bontranger calipers and DA?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Let's just say you'll have a smile on your face by the pleasant surprise of getting a positive feel in the brake levers for the first time when you make the switch.

Stock brakes weigh 304g compared to 294g for these, not much difference there. CRC has the best prices for them all this time, I did a lot of web browsing to confirm that so you can save your time and go straight there.

ridley86

by ridley86

So over the top that I love it

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

looks really cool, but i have to say you should have kept the bmc

Bicicletta22

by Bicicletta22

Amazing looking Mad-one I posted it to the Trek Madone Domane site on Facebook. I wish mine looked as nice but I dont have the money or the taste to pull it off...yet.

munk93

by munk93

Usually I don't like all this bling stuff. Aerobars make a bike look too aggressive. And carbon stems are also too big. But this bike isn't so bad. I would probably have made things a little more simple, but thats just me. Just don't go all Trek-style with it. Yes, Bontrager makes some nice wheels, but if you wan't to have something that others don't have, a Trek with Bontrager parts is just not the way to go. Stick with the Tacx cages. Realiable as it gets. And the match the frame very well. If you ever consider any new wheels, Campagnolo Bora Ultra black edition. Either the normal, or the 35 mm. Lightweight gen. 3 (Meilenstein graphics are too ugly) or Enve 3.4 or 6.7.
:thumbup:

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

To those who complains about the bling - I removed the madfiber decals recently, something I really should have done a long time ago because it looks much cleaner this way.

There was a bit of play in the rear hub recently and when I got the bearings changed apparently the bearing cups wore into the axle leaving a slight indentation on it. Thankfully MF sent me a new axle previously and I put it to good use, no problems at all for now. I am dreaming of a set of Enve 3.4 with alchemy hubs and white spokes when the MF wears out though. Don't want to be a team bike fanboy but the white spokes on the Bontragers looks great.

munk93

by munk93

Sounds good. And MF looks much better now.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

looking pretty good now.

my favourite part has to be the grey bar tape matched up to the frame, it works well in this case.

Miller76

by Miller76

That is my favorite Team color bike and I think it looks great with the grey bar tape and the stickerless wheels!!

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

really looks good that way!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

My love for the Osymetric rings continues... Here is the newest version of it

Differing teeth profile and ramp pins makes it look like a polished product finally.

Apparently they are now even thicker than ever for extra stiffness.

And they are 26 grams lighter than my current ones at the same size!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Big makeover last weekend - change of wheels to Easton aero 55 tubulars, had the spokes spray painted white, and swopped out the bottle cage, chain catcher, chainring bolts and chain to silver. Ditched the alligator cabled for original campy with white housing a while back too. ImageImageImageImage

Haven't rode it yet, will give a review of the wheels eventually. To accomodate the 28mm rims, the direct mount brakes had to be open all the way out and one side of the brake pad filed down a little. Front pad holders had to do without the retaining screw too otherwise it can't fit within the fork. But the wide rims look really great and the front hub is so wide out that I'm sure the wheels are laterally stiff even with 16 spokes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

That looks great! Let us know how they ride.