by bloodysunday

are those mirrors on your bar ends?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rush

by Rush

Guilty as charged (I was wondering how long it would be until someone busted me). :lol:

I'm using the Italian Road Bike Mirror on my right bar-end. I started using one over a year ago for my commute on my old bike, and I found that for all-round riding it was brilliant (especially for descending) . So it went straight on the Baum.

I bought it here.

I'll never ride without one ever again.

KB

by KB

Fantastic build. Love this bike. Well done.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I love that your "budget" Baum employs all the same cost maneuvers as my "budget" Firefly. 3T aluminum cockpit, HED Belgiums, SRAM Force build.

Baum does make one beautiful frame.

bloodysunday

by bloodysunday

Rush wrote:Guilty as charged (I was wondering how long it would be until someone busted me). :lol:

I'm using the Italian Road Bike Mirror on my right bar-end. I started using one over a year ago for my commute on my old bike, and I found that for all-round riding it was brilliant (especially for descending) . So it went straight on the Baum.

I bought it here.

I'll never ride without one ever again.

I must admit, it's pretty subtle. Nice find and good on you for caring more about safety, than some asinine rule :beerchug:

rheosibal

by rheosibal

This is too good!
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

morrison

by morrison

I don´t like the painting scheme usually seen on Baum but this one is awesome.

redhed18

by redhed18

LOVE the frame, but really feel the 3T Pro stem draws the eye away from it ...
(probably only in photos - bet it doesn't happen in the flesh!)

Some options which would not break the bank:
3T Stealth
Syntace Force 109

Or black out an Enve for 2-3x the price.

corky

by corky

really nice setup, love the background story, the experience of buying and building + the review itself.
you must have spent hrs ontheinternet trawling for parts.... well done. congrats on the Dad too.

Nice to have Bought locally too, never underestimate the emotional investment!

Enjoy!

Rush

by Rush

Well I've had the bike for almost three years now (and about 8,300 kms) but it's becoming less of a weight-weenie bike.

I replaced the KCNC Ti skewers with Dura Ace 7800 skewers as I wanted to eliminate any squeaking/noise from the rear wheel. I sometimes found on rides that an inadequately clamped rear would often squeak when climbing out of the saddle. Additionally the Dura Ace are so much nicer/easier to use.

I've also chewed through two Time RXS pedals. I've bent both the titanium and steel spindled versions so now I'm using Shimano Ultegra pedals.

I'm beginning to think that 'weight-weenie' parts aren't meant for big guys like me.

Rush

by Rush

My front rings were bent and worn so I replaced them with Sram Red X-Glide 10 speed rings (with non hidden bolt) and the new Sram Force 22 Yaw derailleur.

Front shifting is now satisfactory.

Bike looks better too.

dj97223

by dj97223

Nice.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

NoBlink

by NoBlink

Wow! Very nice bike. Love the story of how you ultimately chose the Coretto. Still more than satisfied with the Baum? Or secretly looking for (an)other bike(s)?

bencolem

by bencolem

Lovely thread OP, really enjoyed reading it too to bottom - and love such a classic 'low key' build for such a high end bike. As has been mentioned already, aesthetically I think there's room for improvement with the finishing kit. Personally I'd have the stem painted to match the fork and I'd fit a titanium post - alternatively the polished grey finishing kit that Deda do can look lovely on ti bikes. Either way, the bike and story are delightful. Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com