Colnago C59 TSMR (completed build pg. 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

I meant not the lightest. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ronderman

by ronderman

TrekUk wrote:Then why post it on a "weight weenies" site :D

I had the top end colnago frame in the shop the day as the local rep is trying to get us onboard to stock them, It was a disappointing dated technology frameset for what they cost, we wont be stocking them.

This is a baited post - don't fall for it. As if 2 glued together monocoque frame parts are somehow better than a lugged nago or parlee or time. Give me a break :noidea:

People who say this typically have no idea and have never ridden a colnago and usually have exterior motives.

Build the bike, weigh it and post it here with pride.

I'll be doing the same with my soon to be ti firefly - the frame wont win any weight awards, but the build will be drooled over by the smart ones.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

His username has "Trek" on it.

That explains all :p :D
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@vinceflynow,
nice looking frameset, looking forward to the built, hurry up!

@TrekUk,
Colnago(s) wasn't made to be the lightest, and it will never be.
IMHO, Colnago's handling and ride quality is second to none.

Cheers

c50jim

by c50jim

As someone who has owned and still owns lots of Colnagos, I've never been worried about their weight, just that ride quality and handling. Also, they're less likely to break than some of the other carbon frames out there because they do have a bit more material at the places that would break in an impact. My first C40 tumbled down the stairs about 15 years ago, bent the Precisa fork and replaced that but it's still going strong under its new owner after 18 seasons, although I heard there's a little rust at the downtube clips where the cables attach to the frame.

That's a great looking colour. Perhaps if I'd seen it, I wouldn't have bought my last two NOS C40s so that I could make sure I have a lifetime supply of my favourite Colnago. Ride it and love it.

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

why the dated design? they are like scaffolding put together, we will never stock them we stock trek, giant, focus, scott all frames are better made in everyway, its not a baited comment its a comment from bike store with experience and not overpriced Italian flair
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

ronderman

by ronderman

TrekUk wrote:why the dated design? they are like scaffolding put together, we will never stock them we stock trek, giant, focus, scott all frames are better made in everyway, its not a baited comment its a comment from bike store with experience and not overpriced Italian flair

Translation: I don't carry Colnago, have never ridden one and have my own self serving posts to make. So, please, don't listen to a word I say. :oops:

irongatsby

by irongatsby

TrekUk wrote:they are like scaffolding put together

wow... :lol:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

1. Beautiful frame. Looking forward to reading and seeing how this build proceeds.

2. Let us keep it on topic gentlemen, shall we? If there is an urgent need to discuss Colnago weights and build quality vis-a-vis other bikes, start a thread in the road forum. Let us leave this thread to vinceflynow and his C59.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

giant man

by giant man

TrekUk wrote:why the dated design? they are like scaffolding put together, we will never stock them we stock trek, giant, focus, scott all frames are better made in everyway, its not a baited comment its a comment from bike store with experience and not overpriced Italian flair

You are talking out of your ar*e mate, you really are. Why on earth would you buy an overrated, mass produced abomination known as a Trek? Just rubbish ........

sawyer

by sawyer

Nice bike ... like the way the white top tube and stem work together

Trek UK comments are laughable.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@vinceflynow: That's a really beautiful frameset. I've never seen that colour scheme before, was it a special order or something? Is it a really dark blue or is it black (can't really tell on my screen). Whatever it is, it's not very common for sure. I especially like how the deda stem just flows with the white of the frame and headtube. That really completes it. What are you using for bars and tape? I think, that even though you've got the white saddle which is great on this frame, the bars would be nice with black tape. But white is fine too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what you choose.
Looking forward to the completed build. Well done... it was worth a bit of a wait and I'm sure you're thrilled with it. Congrats!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

The TSMR color scheme is new for 2013. The color is dark blue. Maserati blue -- as its called in the Colnago catalog. I'll take some photos of the bike in the sun and with flash, so you can see the blue. I'm planning to use a white Deda Presa bar, and white bar tape.

The build is going slowly but surely, as time with the wife takes priority (as many of you that are married already know). Today, I picked up a digital hobby scale that is good from 0-500 grams +-0.2 grams, so weights of small parts will be more accurate from now on.

I wanted to see wheels on the frame. So today, I prepared my 1-year old Enve 65 clinchers. I removed the white decals, and applied two aftermarket black (ghost) decals per side (originally had 3 white decals per side). I also converted the Enve 65's to run tubeless.

Weights:
Enve 65 front, 695g, 20 spokes, DT240S, no rim tape.
Enve 65 rear, 810g, 24 spokes, DT240S, no rim tape.
Enve 65 front w/2 layers of Stan's 21mm rim tape, 705g.
Enve 65 rear 2/2 layer's Stan's 21mm rim tape, 835g.
Enve skewers, 43g for the pair.
Stan's Valve, valve extender, #5 O-ring, 10.5g each, 21g total: 44m valve + 40mm extenger + O-ring
Hutchinson Fusion 3 Tubeless tire, 299g and 301g.
Stan's sealent, 60ml per tire, 105g each, 210g total.

pje0713

by pje0713

Love the look of the black on black on the 65s. Also like 2 decals instead of 3. Well done.

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

Correction to the weight of the sealant. I forgot to subtract the weight of the syringe injector, which is 48g. The corrected weight of 60 ml of Stans sealant is 57g each 60 ml, 114g total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com