A Pair of 7s

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jrobart

by jrobart

Wanted to introduce/re-introduce my stable (well, only two, but that counts as a stable, right?).

Thelma is a Seven Axiom SL built up with Edge 2.0 fork, Campy SRM, SR rear mech, Record brakes, Chorus front mech and shifters, Edge stem and seat post, Romin Pro saddle, Zipp Contour SL bars and Enve 3.4 tubulars with 25mm Vittoria Evo Corsa CX tubs

http://imageshack.com/photo/my-images/12/thelmai.jpg

Louise on the other hand is a Seven Diamas SL built up with Seven 5E fork, SRAM Red cranks, derailleurs, shifters and brakes; Zipp Service Course SL stem, seat post and bars; Romin Expert saddle, Zipp Team CSC clinchers with 23mm Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/889/louiseq.jpg
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

veganeric

by veganeric

Thelma is the kind of girl you bring home to meet mom. Absolutely gorgeous, and worth keeping around for the long haul!

pje0713

by pje0713

Love them both. How do you like the diamas, I haven't seen all that many. Do you have weights?

jrobart

by jrobart

Thanks.

I had the Axiom SL custom built about three years ago as a 45th birthday present to myself and I absolutely love it. I had kicked around the idea of Ti for a few years (had been riding a Fondriest Carbon Magister) and finally took the plunge. It rides like butter, particularly now that I've put the Enve 3.4s on it. The Axiom (Thelma) weighs in at just over 15.9 pounds as pictured (campy chorus 12:27 cassette as I'm recovering from my second hip replacement which was just before Christmas).

The Diamas SL is a new addition to the family. My LBS has had it on display for a couple of years now and every time I go in I drool all over it. After two years I succumbed to temptation and got it for a very attractive price. Very different feel from the Axiom. It's a bit more planted on the rode and consequently is more stable. The Diamas (Louise) weighs in at 17.2 as pictured. The Team CSC wheels undoubtedly are contributing to the need for Thelma to go on a diet. I have a pair of Zipp 404 carbon clinchers that I will put on it. That won't take too much weight off, but it will make the bike a little faster and will do until I take the plunge and finally buy a set of Lightweights for Thelma!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |