VALANT thread (Cervelo R3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

valant

by valant

Hello there,

I've been following the WW forum for quite some time and now I decided to introduce myself, my bike and projects that I am working on.. This lovely forum has been shown to me by my good friend and racing buddy, member @Berk.

So, first a couple of words about me. I'm an ex-pro rider from Slovenia, passionate cyclist, I love nice bikes, summer evening rides, good coffee, pretty women, I always try keep the wind at my back and the sun on my face (which is in case of this years spring rather problematic as it's still snowing occasionally here in Slovenia :? ).
I'm not racing any more, however I still cycle on a daily basis. I began with road cycling when I was 12 and I've been racing until last year ( now I'm 21, almost ). Cycling is a bit of a heritage of the Valant (my surname) family, as my great grandfather and grandfather were cyclists. My great grand father was an Olympian (competed on Berlin games in '36) and he also was a very respected framebuilder in Peugeot and later startet his own brand Valy. I am also an engineering student and even though I'm not "active" in the sport any more, my goal is to stay in this sport for the rest of my life trough projects that engineering knowledge offers me. :D

That's a photo of team Radenska on GP Laigueglia 2011; 3rd from left is @Berk, I'm on his right

During my career I've ridden lots of team bikes, from steel Billatos, Scotts, to Williers. However I always wanted to have a Cervelo with Campy. And last year, I built myself one. It's not superlight (currently it has 6.5kg with Hed wheels) neither is the most fresh on peace on the market. It's a 2009 Cervelo R3 frameset that I got brand new (some very old stock). I've put on Campy Record, Ritchey WCS components, some Speedplay Titanium pedals and Selle Italia SLR flow saddle. To me it's one of the prettiest bikes, I just love it.
Here's a couple of pictures with various wheels on it.
Here on LW; bar and stem are now WCS wet black

Zipp 404's
These are my current wheels, I got them for a silly money and they are the best made wheels I've ever ridden!

These are all pictures I have, but I promise I will share some more, ASAP.

Take care,

valant
Keep the wind at your back and the sun on your face!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Great to see you here mate! :beerchug:

Here just another photo from me (183) and Valant (184) before Trofeo Laigueglia:

And Giro del Friuli:
(Valant is the 4th, I'm the 6th from left)
etc.,..

We basicly started cycling together at the same time..so we made together a loooot of kilometers!
Of course we still cycle together, so really great to see you also here! Although we both made some nice resoults, more or less we helped in the last seasons our team leader, who of course performed better, so he is going to protour this season, and some other cyclists in our team rather decided to study and start with a "new life" ;). So Valant and I decided to rather invest more time to our study (and friends, girls, some other projetcs,..etc :) ) to get a better future, and now we cycle just for fun and for our soul ;)

Valant has in his family a great company where they work with plastic and also some composite stuff. I already posted a photo of some carbon bolts in my topic (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80684&p=901561&hilit=carbon+bolts#p901561), well, they can make them, and Valant has some interesting projects in process already some time, so I guess he'll soon post them here..:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

:welcome:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

:welcome: looking forward to your future contributions to the site! :cheers:

Great looking bike, btw! Love the stem length....very pro, of course.

valant

by valant

btompkins0112, fa63, thank you for a warm welcome! :thumbup:
Yeah, stem has a proper racing length :)... One of those things that get under your skin after years of racing... I can't imagine having it any shorter than 130mm :mrgreen:

Ola, Berk old pal', it's indeed nice to see a familiar face even here on the interweb :wink: These are some great pics you posted up here... never seen them before, thanks!

Ok, now here are some new photos of my cervelo...

here's on a wheelset made by Kavitec, wheelbuilder from SLO, stiff as hell and nice stealthy look

Now that's my current setup... picture says it all :D

Keep the wind at your back and the sun on your face!

fa63

by fa63

That is a great looking machine :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Always loved this color scheme of the R3.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)