Ride report Majorca...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

Geoff wrote:We got 15cm last weekend. It is -8. Thanks for reminding us that there is life out there...

Where in Canada do you live ? :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

That carrot cake looks tasty but I'll keep my french "croissants au beurre" :lol:

Beautiful island, so much diversity

Penthousepete

by Penthousepete

Excellent shots. Just got back after a week staying up in Port Pollensa, third time there and likely to go back! If you like hills then there's plenty of them. Sa Calobra and Formentor are a must. 8)
Losing weight is an education
Hong Fu Bikes FM0069 Superlight 2014 (SRAM Red, Tune TSR30)
Cannondale Flash F1 '10
Felt Brougham '10

RC856

by RC856

Penthousepete wrote:Excellent shots. Just got back after a week staying up in Port Pollensa, third time there and likely to go back! If you like hills then there's plenty of them. Sa Calobra and Formentor are a must. 8)

Hi.
Heading out there this Sat coming :D
Guys in my club are planning an early start for Sa Calobra because of tourist traffic??

Is it that busy that an early start is required or can I get more of a lie in!? :D

Cheers

CaptainP

by CaptainP

RC856 wrote:
Penthousepete wrote:Excellent shots. Just got back after a week staying up in Port Pollensa, third time there and likely to go back! If you like hills then there's plenty of them. Sa Calobra and Formentor are a must. 8)

Hi.
Guys in my club are planning an early start for Sa Calobra because of tourist traffic??

Is it that busy that an early start is required or can I get more of a lie in!? :D

Cheers

There is quite a lot af tourist traffic on Sa Calobra (no fun busses) but genereally the drivers on Mallorca are the nicest people i've experienced! I've started from Soller at around 9 and probably been at Sa Calobra around 11 (the orange bar before the small climb up to Sa Calobra is CRAZY expensive!) and I don't think there were any problems descenting og ascenting. If you have good legs take a left before you hit the bottom of Sa Calobra for a extra small ascent/descent.

RC856

by RC856

Thanks.
I wasn't sure if it got really busy later on in the year but just not at the moment.
We're on holiday so will avoid 7am starts if they're not needed!! :)

Routier

by Routier

Great photos, they and the crap weather make me wish I was going back to the Costa Blanca this year. If the summer's not up to much I may get desperate for some sun and go in September...

I love Spanish architecture, even a boring residential street looks interesting and the houses are so elegant.

PSM

by PSM

Thx.;)

RC856

by RC856

Forgot to say how good the photos are.
Makes me look forward to going even more!

PSM

by PSM

Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy SII and a "good eye" made it. ;)

amnesia

by amnesia

RC856 wrote:

Hi.

Cheers

The Max Hurzeler 167 and Mallorca 312 are this Saturday (27th April)... the mountains are likely to be busy. I've got to be on the start line in Alcudia at 06:45 :shock:

http://en.mallorca312.com/route/mallorc ... -muro.html

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Its gonna be wet. Pity there not going up the Puig Major radar station this year (even though they say they are, they are actually just going up to Col Monnaber by the tunnel) otherwise Id be joining you...

PSM

by PSM

I'ts time to go. Tomorrow I'll be breathing Majorcan air again.
Last edited by PSM on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Careful you don't 'bread' too much of their air... don't want anyone to asphyxiate.

In all seriousness though, I look forward to the opportunity to do some bike holidays in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NoiseBoy

by NoiseBoy

Cool pics but I have to ask. What is it with cyclists taking pictures of their legs whilst riding?