2013 Specialized Allez Race

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rb4life

by rb4life

Sorry for the poor iPhone image

Built this up a couple months ago, just getting around to posting. Absolutely love this bike; I find myself riding it more than my SW Tarmac SL3. This bike is proof you don't need a carbon rig for a responsive/comfortable ride. I usually run the DA 7900 c24 wheels and the ride quality is about the same as the Enve's aside from the Enve's Chris King hubs being a little lighter and more responsive. Wheelset weight is only an ounce difference between each other, the Enve's being lighter. The welds and black finish are so nice on this frame and with its hydroformed toptube, it looks like a carbon framed Tarmac. Not a weight weenie but very happy considering she's aluminum. Thanks for looking!

2013 Allez E5 OSBB frameset 56cm
Dura Ace 7900 Shifters/Brakes/Derailleurs/Chain/Cassette
S-Works SL Classic Handlebar
3T ARX II Team 120mm Stem (stripped markings to black)
Specialized Pro Carbon Seatpost
Specialized Toupe Pro Saddle
S-Works Crankset
Keo Blade Ti 16 Pedals
Enve 45 Carbon Clinchers
Continental Grand Prix 4000s tires
Specialized Cages
Total weight: 7.12kg/15.8lb

Will be changing group to new SRAM Red, Ksyrium SLR wheels, and Arundel Mandible Cages.
Last edited by rb4life on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kamil1891

by kamil1891

This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tawide

by tawide

Looks great, but some better pictures would be nice :)

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

You could easily have this bike under 15 lb.! I have the 2011 Allez, but now very jealous of the 2013....

paradawt

by paradawt

More pics?

Looks so nice... Nice job!
Berria Belador 7

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Next time, take the pic in front of your fence or garage door, not in your back yard...now my wife wants to build walls like that (nice job, too).

devinci

by devinci

LOL Geoff :lol:

nice bike, stealthy look, cool wheels

munk93

by munk93

Thats cool. Everything about this bike seems right. (Except the Pink cablehousing :wink: ) Next time put the chain on the big ring, and on the small coq. Looks much better. :up:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

+1 on the pink housing.....looks too much link Prend's bike with that! :wink:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Geoff, what's the problem here, she wants to build walls, or she wants you to do it?

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)

MossIcon

by MossIcon

Very nice looking bike.

I'm also very curious about the ride quality vs the Tarmac. I'm trying to decide between those two or a Focus Izalco currently.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

Looking good! I really like these new Allez'

rb4life

by rb4life

munk93 wrote:Thats cool. Everything about this bike seems right. (Except the Pink cablehousing :wink: ) Next time put the chain on the big ring, and on the small coq. Looks much better. :up:

Yeah I receive a lot of flak for the pink cables.. Just thought I'd do something different to add a little color, but they are pretty crappy...Jagwire (only cables that I could find in pink). I plan on throwing some Gore Ride-On once I put the SRAM on. As soon as I uploaded this pic I realized that it wasn't in the proper gearing... :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rb4life

by rb4life

Geoff wrote:Ok, that's nice. Next time, take the pic in front of your fence or garage door, not in your back yard...now my wife wants to build walls like that (nice job, too).

Haha I wish this was my backyard! We were up in Lake Arrowhead, CA to ride some snowy roads... At least she's got good taste!