Parlee Z3 - Thanks to all Forum Members Contributing

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DamoRider

by DamoRider

Well, I wanted to introduce everyone to my newest ride. I have to first thank a lot of the fellow forum members who have helped make this possible. It isn't done yet but should be ready to ride in about a week or two. I have slowly acquired the parts - mostly from this forum's members and can't speak highly enough of the individuals I have had the pleasure to come across!!

I actually started a blog to help track the build. You will have to forgive my horrible writing skills but it actually worked out for the best since you can no longer just upload pictures (what a pain). As I mentioned the build is still a work in progress and once complete the blog will have some decent shots of the project finished.

Here is the build list:
Frame - Parlee Z3 Custom (thanks Carbon2329) - 1019 grams
Fork - Edge 2.0 - 333 grams
Headset - Extralite the head 2 - 61 grams
Stem - Tune Geiles Teil 4.0 Stem 110mm - Haven't weighed it yet
Handlebars - Schmolke SL 42cm - 174 grams
Brakes - AX Lightness Perseus - 146 grams
Seatpost - AX Lightness Daedalus L2 (thanks Eigner) - 106 grams
Saddle - Modified Specialized Toupe 143 - 90 grams
Seatpost Clamp - MCFK (didn't weigh)
FD - SRAM Red - 66 grams
RD - SRAM Red - 128 grams
Crank - 2013 SRAM Red w/Extralite 50/34 rings - 503 grams
Bottom Bracket - Ceramic Chris King GXP - 97 grams
Cassette - No name Aluminum/Ti (thanks CBRE) - 97 grams
Lockring - Agogo - 4 grams
Wheels - CarbonSports Lightweight Standard Gen III (Thanks KFreytag)- 1630 grams (fully pumped to 120 PSI)
Tires - Vittoria Corsa EVO CX (included in wheel weight)
Glue - (included in wheel weight)
Valve Extenders - Vittoria (included in wheel weight)
Skewers - No name bolt on - 26 grams
Wrap - 1.8 Lizard Skins (don't have it yet)
Cables - Alligator iLinks (don't have them yet)
Shifters - SRAM Red (coming from another member)

http://buildingparleez3.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

Very nice work in progress. Suggest you add a picture of the entire frame, doesn't have to be sitting on the scales...
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lyot

by lyot

Nice work ! Any idea about the total weight ?

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Some really nice parts you have collected there, should be interesting to see the final weight.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

eigner

by eigner

DamoRider wrote:Seatpost - AX Lightness Daedalus L2 (thanks Eigner) - 106 grams

http://buildingparleez3.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wee! Thanks for mentioning me, though I am very sorry I did not tell you where I put the carbon cradle :oops: .

I was afraid the cradle would get lost within all the packing material I put around the seat post to protect the seat post during shipping. That's why I stored it inside the seat post - it must have slided way inside the seat post during shipping as I did place it right at the end of the post, hoping it would be easily seen when you unpacked it.
Anyway I am really excited to follow your build!!

:beerchug:
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

DamoRider

by DamoRider

The chain arrived today - KMC X10 SL DLC Black - this is going to look great on the build. I was debating getting a Yaban Ti chain for increased weight savings but decided to go with the stealth black chain. The shifters arrived today as well but I have to sand those before they are ready for install. All I'm waiting on now are the cables...

I will weight the chain tonight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com