My Sub-20lbs NAHBS Funk Cycles La Ruta

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

What a beautiful machine. I didn't realize until I read the build-list that the seatpost isn't integrated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

Hey Harvey,

Been following this thread for a while and absolutely love this bike. Very beautiful bike and I love the parts kit on it too. I was wondering if you had ridden any other full-suspension bikes lately and how it stacked up to them. I'm tempted to put together a bike much like your own for my own use and wondered what it rode like.

Thanks,
Will

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

I haven't spent any time on any other full suspension bikes since getting the La Ruta. I really love the bike and can't say enough good things about it - it suits my riding style very well. I've made a few minor changes to the bike since the thread was started: zero-setback eriksen post, shorter 90mm RaceFace stem, Rotor QX1 ring. This isn't a run of the mill full-suspension bike though. To me it's more like a softtail done well - more travel than a YBB with less pedal bobbing. If you're looking for a trail full-susp bike, I think there are better options (certainly ones with more travel), but if you're someone who is used to riding hardtails, and is looking for more control, traction, and comfort without a significant weight penalty... then it's an ideal bike.
Last edited by dwaharvey on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

dwaharvey wrote:If you're looking for a trail full-susp bike, I think there are better options (certainly ones with more travel), but if you're someone who is used to riding hardtails, and is looking for more control, traction, and comfort without a significant weight penalty... then it's an ideal bike.

I entirely agree with your assessment of the standard "trail" bike. I come from a long time of riding hardtails or rigid bikes and am just looking for something to take the edge off of the bigger hits. Racing also factors in which is why I would hope that a bike like this would keep the "snappiness" of a hardtail while taking off the edge of the bigger bumps. Glad to hear you've found something you like!

n2b

by n2b

Anybody who know what size RockShox Monarch XX Rear Shock I should ordre to fit the frame ? I want to have dual lockout with rs 1 fork ;)

n2b

by n2b

Anybody who know what size RockShox Monarch XX Rear Shock I should ordre to fit the frame ? I want to have dual lockout with rs 1 fork ;)