Cannondale EVO Hi-Mod

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

Hi there,

Bought this a few months ago, plan is to get it under the 6.8kg limit. I've swapped out the seatpost as I already had this in the garage and the stem is just temporary whilst I decide what length to go for. I also need to cut down the steerer tube and the seatpost. I plan to replace the bars with Zipp Contour Carbons and a Zipp Service Course SL Stem (after I've had my bike fit and decided on length). I will also be selling the cranks and chainrings to replace with Dura Ace 9000.

The bike rides really well very stiff, yet very comfortable and stable at speed when descending. Any thoughts on the best way to lose weight without spending huge amounts would be good, it currently weights around the 7kg mark but i only have some cheap luggage scales which are not very accurate.

The Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Dura Ace 2 2015 Features are:
Frame: SuperSix EVO, BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon, SPEED SAVE, PressFit BB30
Fork: SuperSix EVO, SPEED SAVE, BallisTec Hi-MOD full Carbon, 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 steerer
Headset: SuperSix EVO, with Cannondale Si Headset plug
Bars: Cannondale C1 Ultralight Compact
Stem: Deda Zero1 130mm
Front Mech: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Rear Mech: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Shifters Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30, Compact Spidering (still have the FSA Chainrings, 52/36 that came with the bike)
Pedals: Dura Ace 9000
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-28, 11-speed
Chain: Shimano Ultergra, 11-speed
Brakes: Shimano Dura Ace 9000
Wheelset: Shimano RS81
Tyres: Schwalbe ONE, 700x23c
Tubes - Michelin Latex
Seatpost: Zipp Service Course SL

below are a couple of pics from a ride I did today, apologies for the quality

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Question, other than aesthetics your desire to drop below 6.8 Kg would belie switching cranks to DA 9000. The SI is lighter, nearly as stiff and a great match for the EVO HiMod. So why swap it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Handsome, no-nonsense build. Just Chop that steerer!

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

WheresWaldo wrote:Question, other than aesthetics your desire to drop below 6.8 Kg would belie switching cranks to DA 9000. The SI is lighter, nearly as stiff and a great match for the EVO HiMod. So why swap it?

I bought the da9000 crankset for my old bike with a stages powermeter, but that frame will not accept the cannondale cranks, so once I've sold these I can put the da9000 on my new bike and use the powermeter and buy some others for what will become my winter bike

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

jbaillie wrote:Handsome, no-nonsense build. Just Chop that steerer!

Thanks, I have a saw guide coming from crc in the post, so it should be sorted soon

Krull

by Krull

nice bike, those "no-nonsense"-builds, going without all this senseless and overpriced embellishment, are my favorites!
good decision to use the pm-crank on your bike.

i am using a china-carbon-saddle, which is very similar to ssm aspide, and absolutely love it! its stable, light (+/-100 gr.), good looking (much nicer than the speedneedles and concord i occasionally used in the past), and, most important, exactly fitting for me.
note: rarely those saddles have round rails, so they dont go with all seatposts!

but i think, saddle is always a matter of individual preferences.

Antoine

by Antoine

isn't it already under 6.8 kgs ?

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

Thanks for the info on the rails on the carbon saddles krull.

I weighed the bike 3times with the cheap luggage scales I have, it came out at 7.1, 6.9 and then 7 so I went with 7as the average, so not too much weight to loose really. Could go a fair bit lower I suppose, what sort of weight could I expect without spending a ridiculous amount of money?

fa63

by fa63

Could use a matching Zipp stem but good looking bike nonetheless!

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

That's the plan, I am going to get the service corse sl stem and hopefully the carbon contour sl bars, that way it all matches..... Until I decide to try tubulars in which case I may consider the 303. Might have to do some saving first though...
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the above

Krull

by Krull

just a small note:
you want it light? why then considering the 303? zipp is a good choice, but i would prefer 202 tub., lighter, looks better on a slender, classical frame like the evo, is, if you want to believe in it, "aero"-enough, and the wind has less of a grip, which may be helpful, especially in the mountain-area.

if you simply like the "loud" look of those deep rims, ok! ....shure, those will achieve more success in virtual space of internet boards.......;-)

just my 2 cents.... :wink:

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
i dont know the first one, because its to broad for my needs.

the second one is exactly the type i am using on one of my bikes. it has nearly the same shape like the ssm superleggera. its available with different types of rails (more-rounded or more-oval).

i shot pictures of the two versions i am using. the matte-one is of a significantly-better workmanship.
as you can see, the maximum-adjustability of the rails is very limited, so you need a post with the right amount of setback.

both last without any problems, but i am weighing 62 kg.
shape is very similar to classical aspide.

sattel 1.jpg
Last edited by Krull on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krull

by Krull

the matte one, better workmanship, more-oval rails-> a bit less-flexible.

sattel 2.jpg

sattel 3.jpg

davidevo9000

by davidevo9000

Ok, thanks for the info Krull, appreciate it. I will be ordering one today and see how I get on, should be ok, its the same width as the arione I have now only with a central groove which I wish the fizik saddle had. How long did yours take to arrive?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

i bought mine from german dealer.
regards,