R5 VWD Ltd. Internal Di2 9070

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rmerka

by rmerka

Thanks Permon! :beerchug:

drmutley

by drmutley

I just picked up a 2015 R5 to build up, once I get the hideous red top tube painted black... Hope it looks half as good as yours! I wanted to go ENVE cockpit but too hard to get their stuff in stealth black, so will just go stealth 3T, Ionic post, Tornova bars and team stem...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SilentG

by SilentG

can i advise you against the ionic seatpost? because i hate mine. i can't get the saddle level at all and i can't use any of my carbon railed saddles. even though it's an eyesore, i would go with the stylus if it has to be 3t.

drmutley

by drmutley

SilentG wrote:can i advise you against the ionic seatpost? because i hate mine. i can't get the saddle level at all and i can't use any of my carbon railed saddles. even though it's an eyesore, i would go with the stylus if it has to be 3t.

Thanks for the headsup silentG... I just assumed they would make clamps for 7x9 rails? What's the level issue with the ionic? Once tightened it still moves? Or u just can't get it physically level? I run my saddle -1.5 degrees so don't need it level... Not sure I would put a stylus on it as they are hideous... Would prob resort back to plan A and go the enve post and paint/sticker it...

SilentG

by SilentG

according to 3t's literature, the ionic post with the oval rail clamps will work with saddles up to 10x7. in typical italian fashion, "up to" means "only" so my 7x9 railed saddles rock up and down and back and forth. it works fine with round rails, but i can't get my saddle at the angle i would like, so it really makes it useless for me. you might have better luck with the angle you would like, but when i adjust it to level, the saddle is 2* up and when i adjust it down a half degree, the saddle is 6* down.

the stylus is a hideous beast. i was thinking about going enve as well, but i have matchy-matchy disease, so it's hard for me to go with another brand.

drmutley

by drmutley

Oh I see... Yes I'm the same... Everything must match... I have a carbon railed Arione that I was maybe going to run, or a Ti railed romin... Sounds like the romin might be the way to go if I do get an ionic. If there is any rock in the saddle the that would annoy me to the max, and the post would end up in the bin... I might run the stock FSA for awhile until I can't deal with my OCD any longer, then find something to swap out to..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk