Madone V.2 and a wheels question

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Making the most until I get a frame with better geometry for me - changes:

Schon Bearing cover
110mm 3T stealth Team post (need 120mm I think)
40cmm 3T Ergonova bars
Arundel cages

16.8 lbs

Next stuff

New post and carbon railed saddle

Question- it's hilly, not mountains but almost constant rolling, and windy around here. I didn't like the feel of the Zipps on it. I was definitely getting pushed around. If I was going to go upmarket but maybe short of Lightweights, what would guys suggest. Clincher, maybe tubeless.

Will probably all go something like a Giant TCR SL when the new ones come out...

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Nice Trek, I actually quite like this colourway, it's not bland but it's not super noisy either.

Wheel suggestions? If I was dropping 2-3K on wheels I'd probably look at the campy Bora35 - I'm pretty sure there's a clincher version out (assuming you're ok with a carbon braking surface). If you wanted to spend a little less I'd probably look at Reynolds attack wheels.

If you wanted carbon Tubeless the Velocite RT-50 is carbon tubeless, although it may be a little deep for you (and maybe not up market enough)? That said Velocite engineered their wheel to reduce torque at higher yaw angles, rather than focusing on optimising the aerodynamics
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

zipps or zipps - 404's or 202's a whole different matter...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Aeolus 3's.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Best looking Madone with H2 geometry yet

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

nd2rc wrote:Best looking Madone with H2 geometry yet

Thanks, need to get the fork top cut, we left it in to make sure of the position, and have also got a proper mount for the computer and a longer stem, so it actually looks even better now. More pics when when the next mods get done.

All the wheel recommendations are great. Appreciate it. I'm wondering if now that my riding chops are coming back I might not be able to handle a more aero wheel in which case I think the 404s or the Bontragers would be the choice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

I do have to agree a set of Campy Bora 35 dark label would look great! Load the new pics!