HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 5
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....


Fair point, have thought about doing that, one of the problems of building up a timetrial frame for road use


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 745
Location: belgium
I made a harsh comment but let me explain why.
1. Why use a TT frame for a roadbike? It is obvious that the headtube is too short for your use as a roadbike.
2. Because it is a kind-of aero TT frame, the Spinergy wheels are a complete mismatch.
3. If I let the fashion weenie speak, the colors (white parts, black wheels) are a mismatch.
4. Saddle position is awkward.

What I would have done is actually build it as a TT bike. In that case, you can easily 'avoid' big manufacturer's components without using those silly brifters. If this is your only bike and you really wanted a road bike set-up, sell the frame and get yourself a road version of a Bianchi. They are not that hard to get and TT frames usually are worth something 2nd hand.

That being said, if you are happy riding it, fine with me and enjoy!

_________________
Bianchi EV3, Master Olympic, Pinarello Asolo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 471
Location: Tucson, AZ
Harsh comments all around, and I'm guilty as well, but I genuinely appreciate the effort that it took for your build this up. Sourcing so many unique parts isn't easy, even if you have them laying around. I certainly won't have an extra Tiso 12sp electric RD laying around in 15 years, so my hats off to you.

What kind of riding do you like to do/have you done with this bike in this configuration? Racing, leisure, what distances, ride characteristics, etc?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
bianchifan wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Removing the gold spacers and properly slamming that stem would help your case....


Fair point, have thought about doing that, one of the problems of building up a timetrial frame for road use


Do it! I think it would make everything come together...

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 5
Thanks for the feedback; I was hoping the white parts would look good overall (I thought they look awesome, but that is just me), I thought about the wheels but does anyone have a viable suggestion?
The TT frame, well I just like the agressive style of TT frame, I probably will drop the spacers and slam the stem, seems to be the general opinion. The saddle postion, whats the problem? (seriously, I'm not seeing it)


de zwarten wrote:
I made a harsh comment but let me explain why.
1. Why use a TT frame for a roadbike? It is obvious that the headtube is too short for your use as a roadbike.
2. Because it is a kind-of aero TT frame, the Spinergy wheels are a complete mismatch.
3. If I let the fashion weenie speak, the colors (white parts, black wheels) are a mismatch.
4. Saddle position is awkward.

What I would have done is actually build it as a TT bike. In that case, you can easily 'avoid' big manufacturer's components without using those silly brifters. If this is your only bike and you really wanted a road bike set-up, sell the frame and get yourself a road version of a Bianchi. They are not that hard to get and TT frames usually are worth something 2nd hand.

That being said, if you are happy riding it, fine with me and enjoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 5
If I could afford the Tiso, that would be awesome, now or in 15 years. Use this bike mostly for keeping in shape, racing days are way behind me now, but it is awfully comfortable to ride, up to about 60-70 kms, but hoping for more when time allows. As long as I carry space CR2032 batteries :-)


AGW wrote:
Harsh comments all around, and I'm guilty as well, but I genuinely appreciate the effort that it took for your build this up. Sourcing so many unique parts isn't easy, even if you have them laying around. I certainly won't have an extra Tiso 12sp electric RD laying around in 15 years, so my hats off to you.

What kind of riding do you like to do/have you done with this bike in this configuration? Racing, leisure, what distances, ride characteristics, etc?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bJay, bm0p700f, mrgray and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Look KG 381 Team and Mavic Mektronic

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

schs

6

1363

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:35 pm

bm0p700f View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New Bianchi Oltre?

in Road

os72

7

1606

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:15 pm

jeffsavans View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Specialissima

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

sethjs

28

2993

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:17 am

E777L View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi 928 SL Barloworld, 6160g

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Fabianinduplo

13

1809

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Krull View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bianchi Intenso Veloce

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

TheHound

7

1170

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm

zirxo View the latest post


It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB