2013 Tarmac SL4, Dura Ace 9000, CLX60

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

poppiholla

by poppiholla

:-)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

TomUK

by TomUK

thatdkid wrote:clean!

Haven't heard much about the Roval wheels.. How are they? Have you rode any similar wheels that you can compare them to?

Hey, the wheels are very very good! Super stiff although I can only compare them to my Mavic Ksyrium SLS wheels which are very harsh to ride maybe due to my weight? 60kg. The Rovals are very smooth with minimal road vibration, no brake block rub and spin up to speed very easy and role super fast with the Spec 24c turbo tyres. My set weighed 1480g.
The braking is good, plenty of power with DA9000 brakes I cant comment on long descents though as everything in the UK is pretty short.
They can be abit twitchy at 35+mph on descents with cross winds but I think any wheel of that depth would be.. oh and they sound awesome and make you want to ride faster and faster as they get louder! So I would definitely recommend them although I cant compare to any other deep carbon wheels as this is the only set I have ridden.
Hope this helps any more questions just ask

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomUK

by TomUK

Seaholm wrote:Sweet bike!

Did you use the adapters for the bottom- bracket that came with the frame, in order to use the Dura Ace- cranks? Or did you choose some other adapter? Does it work well, without creaking etc?

Btw, how do you like the Dura Ace 9000?

Björn

Hi, Yes I used the adaptors that came with the frame.
I had problems with creaking at first as we used the specified epoxy for the bearing cups and glued the cups in first and let them dry before installing the bearings. This is wrong and caused creaking so we removed them and re glued them, pressed the bearings in, installed the cranks and left to dry for 24hrs and I havent had a noise for 500 miles.

Dura ace 9000 is so good I cant put it into words, the shifting is crazy good. So good that I thought all the cables where dead on my other bike (105 groupset) after riding DA9000 for a few weeks so I replaced them all and it still felt the same, the DA9000 is that good it makes 105 feel like the cables are dead. I can literally shift gears with my little finger, and shifting on the front is almost as effortless.

Seaholm

by Seaholm

@TomUk

Thanks for the input!

I'm building a new bike around a S-works OSBB-frame and I'm choosing between DA 9000 and Sram Red. Sram has the advantage of lower weight and BB30, but DA 9000 probably shifts smoother. Red is 10-speed and feels "old".
I'm not so happy about using adapters for the BB though, don't really know why. It should work.

TomUK

by TomUK

Seaholm wrote:@TomUk

Thanks for the input!

I'm building a new bike around a S-works OSBB-frame and I'm choosing between DA 9000 and Sram Red. Sram has the advantage of lower weight and BB30, but DA 9000 probably shifts smoother. Red is 10-speed and feels "old".
I'm not so happy about using adapters for the BB though, don't really know why. It should work.

I wouldn't let the adaptors put you off, they work great with no issues. You will still need to have the bearing cups glued into the frame with either chainset and the adaptors to use DA fit perfectly and feel very stiff.

Seaholm

by Seaholm

@TomUK can you easily remove the bearings and cups without damaging the frame, if you would like to change the cranks to BB30?

I'm thinking about use the adapters from Wheels mfg, they are made from plastic. They're supposed to be easy to install and remove. Did you look at some other adapter besides the ones that came with the frame.

Björn

justanewbie

by justanewbie

If you're looking for BB30 adapters, I would take a serious look at the praxis BB30 to BSA adapter. It's rated as one of the best there is, and I know a guy using one on a supersix frame, works flawlessly, and no gluing required.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

MarkGiardini wrote:
TrekUk wrote:I dont like specialized but thats a nice spec.

And we don't like you...jus sayin...

Dude, that's not cool. He was making a comment about the bike, but you had to go make it personal.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

wowzas wowzas there's something in me trousers