Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
Broke my allez about a week ago and needed a replacement quickly. Had a few offers on here thanks to some great members but I found a deal locally from a great member of the Denver cycling community.

I got it built up quick so I didn't have time to weight all components but after the initial build it was sitting at 16.4 lbs. Cranks are temporary and I can save weight with the skewers, expander, and cranks which should bring it under 16lbs or 7.2 kilos. I'll get a build list up soon.

Image
Image


Last edited by mannequinforce on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
Frame:
56cm Scott Foil HMX
Fork/Headset:
Scott/ Chris King
Crankset/Bottom Bracket:
Wheels MFG./ FSA Gossamer 50/34
Pedals:
Ultegra 6800 Carbon
Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain:
11-28 Ultegra 6700/ SRAM PC1051
Derailleurs/Shifters:
105 Brifters/ Dura-Ace 7900 F/R
Handlebars/Stem:
Cannondale C2 42cm/ Thomson 110mm/0 Deg
Saddle/Seatpost:
Selle Italia SLR 135g/ Ritchey Carbon
Brakes:
SRAM Rival F/R
Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Easton EA90SLX/ Michelin Pro 4 23c
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
Easton EA90SLX/ Michelin Pro 4 23c
Accessories:
Garmin Out Front/ SRAM Cork Tape/ Easton Skewers/ Specialized Ribcage


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:31 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 am
Posts: 1744
Location: Zion
Congrats on the new ride. All black with a couple accents is nice. Deep aero wheels would be grand.

Is the BB an English 68 or something else? What crank you moving to?

_________________
5.7kg / 12.7lbs Addict SL w/PowerTap
9.3kg / 20.5lbs Scale 29 Pro ... woefully under-used
Retired: 5.9kg / 13lbs Addict R1 w/PowerTap ... lowest was 5.593kg / 12.33lbs


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
Johnny Rad wrote:
Congrats on the new ride. All black with a couple accents is nice. Deep aero wheels would be grand.

Is the BB an English 68 or something else? What crank you moving to?



I have a set of 50mm carbon clinchers just need to change a flat and put a new cassette on them. The BB is a BB368 so I'll probably be moving to just a shimano 6800/9000 mid-compact if I can find a good deal on one. Also, need a 120 stem soon.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6533
Location: Athens, Greece
How does it compare to your allez?

_________________
My 6538gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 973
Location: FIN
I'm sure there's mistake... you meant 8.2kg...

You know, some people ( here most of them ) has easy access to components weights; and a+b+c... is not rocket science math ;)

Main question remain same : WHY ???

_________________
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain


I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
kgt wrote:
How does it compare to your allez?


Like a rocket, immediate response when stepping on the pedals. However, comfort is definitely not there with 23c tires, the allez was much over rough roads and a little less twitchy steering wise. This is also my first full carbon frame and the differences between aluminum (modern) and carbon are a lot farther than I thought they would be. The liveliness of the allez will be missed but as far as not losing any watts this is truly an efficient race machine.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
stormur wrote:
I'm sure there's mistake... you meant 8.2kg...

You know, some people ( here most of them ) has easy access to components weights; and a+b+c... is not rocket science math ;)

Main question remain same : WHY ???


I weighed it with a feedback sports scale that was zero'd before putting on. My allez was at 7.8kgwith a much heavier frame and fork and heavier wheelset. Last I checked, 7.4kg was not that light, so I don't understand the skepticism.

But, I thank you for your response. And maybe you shouldn't apply for any mathematics jobs any time soon, you might find it difficult to do even the most basic functions. ;)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 431
Nice bike , but I think your BB must be a PF86/92 Press fit model. Never heard of a BB368 :noidea: And I think bellow 7.2Kg is optimistic, but possible - my bike in the signature is 6,4 - 6,4 kg on the scale with much lighter components.

_________________
Scott Foil Team edition / Holdsworth Competition / Gluing tubular and add water.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
PinaRene wrote:
Nice bike , but I think your BB must be a PF86/92 Press fit model. Never heard of a BB368 :noidea: And I think bellow 7.2Kg is optimistic, but possible - my bike in the signature is 6,4 - 6,4 kg on the scale with much lighter components.


Ah yes, it is the PF86. My apologies, I was having trouble finding the correct BB information as the BB came with the frame. My crank is almost 900g and the bars are 304g. That's almost 300g of expendable weight between the two.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
Frame 2012 Scott Foil HMX 950
Fork Scott Foil 380?

Seatpost Ritchey Foil Aero Carbon 225
Seat collar Scott Foil 24
Saddle Selle Italia SLR 138
Handlebars Cannondale C2 304
Tape/Grips
Stem Thomson X2 110 147
Headset Chris King Inset 2 170
Spacers Mix 45

Levers/Shifters
- Front Shifter Shimano 105 5700 246
- Rear Shifter Shimano 105 5700 246
Brakes
- Front Brake SRAM Rival 143.5
- Front Pad
- Rear Brake SRAM Rival 144
- Rear Pad
Front Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 71
Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace 7900 166
Cables/Housing
- Front Brake Cable
- Front Brake Housing
- Rear Brake Cable
- Rear Brake Housing
- Front Derailleur Cable
- Front Derailleur Housing
- Rear Derailleur Cable
- Rear Derailleur Housing

Crankset FSA Gossamer Compact 50/34 890
Bottom Bracket Wheels MFG Enduro Ceramic 100
Cassette/Freewheel Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28 250
Lockring
Chain Guide/Catcher
Chain SRAM PC-1051 260
Chain Quicklink

Front Wheel 1430
- Front Tape/Plugs
- Front Tire Michelin Pro 4 Service Course 23 199
- Front Tube 110
- Front Skewer/Bolt
Rear Wheel
- Rear Tape/Plugs
- Rear Tire Michelin Pro 4 Service Course 23 199
- Rear Tube 110
- Rear Skewer/Bolt

Pedals Shimano Ultegra 6800 Carbon 258
Bottle Cage 1 Specialized Ribcage Matte 34
Bottle Cage 2 Specialized Ribcage Matte 34

Most parts are from my previous build so I swapped those weights over and I found some weights on the listings for parts I did not have weights for. So this is about as close as I can get without tearing everything apart.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 973
Location: FIN
mannequinforce wrote:
stormur wrote:
I'm sure there's mistake... you meant 8.2kg...

You know, some people ( here most of them ) has easy access to components weights; and a+b+c... is not rocket science math ;)

Main question remain same : WHY ???


I weighed it with a feedback sports scale that was zero'd before putting on. My allez was at 7.8kgwith a much heavier frame and fork and heavier wheelset. Last I checked, 7.4kg was not that light, so I don't understand the skepticism.

But, I thank you for your response. And maybe you shouldn't apply for any mathematics jobs any time soon, you might find it difficult to do even the most basic functions. ;)


It's not skepticism. It's simple mathematics. I call it my way ( rather straightforward ), you can name it "truth management" .

_________________
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain


I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
stormur wrote:
mannequinforce wrote:
stormur wrote:
I'm sure there's mistake... you meant 8.2kg...

You know, some people ( here most of them ) has easy access to components weights; and a+b+c... is not rocket science math ;)

Main question remain same : WHY ???


I weighed it with a feedback sports scale that was zero'd before putting on. My allez was at 7.8kgwith a much heavier frame and fork and heavier wheelset. Last I checked, 7.4kg was not that light, so I don't understand the skepticism.

But, I thank you for your response. And maybe you shouldn't apply for any mathematics jobs any time soon, you might find it difficult to do even the most basic functions. ;)


It's not skepticism. It's simple mathematics. I call it my way ( rather straightforward ), you can name it "truth management" .


Oh I understand now. If I were to lie about something, it would most likely be my income, supermodel wife or sports car... not a few hundred grams on my bike. But I appreciate that you are out there keeping the internet honest.

I am gonna return to hanging out with Heidi Klum and driving my Ferrari Enzo now to my mansion in Beverly Hills!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 am
Posts: 149
Image

Had a fit done, chopped the steerer and gave it a wash. Threw the carbon wheels on just for a few new pictures!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:04 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Scott Foil HMX
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Geneva, IL, USA
Envious. Nice!

_________________
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. scott foil xxl

in Road

marmot

1

854

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:19 pm

marmot View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Scott foil '16

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Road

banik69

70

9056

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Pokerface07 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Foil vs. Addict

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

DaVinci

29

4644

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:31 pm

p3dalfaster View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Foil HMF Build

in Road

ab01ns

0

680

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:00 am

ab01ns View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. S Works Tarmac or Scott Foil

in Road

sweetmate

13

1237

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm

joepac View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited