2014 Colnago C59 INGR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

haydos

by haydos

So after messing around with a few different road bikes over the last couple of years, i've decided on one road bike to smash myself with.

I was going to wait for a c60, but after hearing they'll be BB30, i'm very happy to ride a c59...

IMG_1880 by j_haydos, on Flickr

This is a INGR (2013 TDF Europcar colour http://www.thebikeshop.de/WebRoot/Store ... tion-n.jpg), but i've changed the Metallic green over to a metallic silver. I'll get some close up pics done shortly.

This is a ride everyday build, no nonsense, no boutique WW stuff.

At this stage the build will be:

C59 50s
DA 9000 - 52/36 172.5 - 11/28
Stages PM
DA 9000 Pedals
Enve 6.7 Clinchers with DT240's - Having custom white decals for the hubs made atm.
Deda Zero 100 SC Stem -110mm but will change to 120mm shortly
Easton EC90 Equipe Classic Bar (Decals removed - just love the shape)
SSM Regale (Carbon Rails)
Custom Busyman Leather Bartape (Black) but will use Lizard Skin DSP Race Tape until it arrives
Vittoria Evo Corsa SC 23c
Cages? Not sure yet... I've got King Ti's, Elite Custom Race's, Arundel's already...

Will post more pics as it progresses...

:thumbup:
Last edited by haydos on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Off to a good start!
With your permission, personally I'd prefer the black wheels with the tan sidewalls, and white wheel decals with all-black tyres.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

haydos

by haydos

I didn't write it properly :oops: , the custom decals are for the hubs - to get rid of the red. I'm leaving the rims as they are... 8)
Current Quiver:
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

by 855

i would prefer 30-50mm wheels on this frame...

PSM

by PSM

Nice looking frame. ;)

LionelB

by LionelB

It's criminal to put Shimano on this. Someone had to say it :D

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Very nice, like what you did swapping the green for silver. Did Colnago do that at the factory or did you have to do it yourself? Either way, it neutralizes the colour scheme which I like. Also like the bar shape and that you took off the Easton label. Wheels seem a bit deep on a bike like this, I'd have gone for max 50mm profiles. Looking forward to seeing it all built up.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

haydos

by haydos

How many pro teams have ridden Shimano on Colnago's ? :wink:

I'll admit I am a Campag guy, but to set up with a power meter (Campag SRM) just costs a crazy amount of money. I don't like Vectors and will use more than one wheelset so power tap is out too.
In the end it was an easy decision to buy Shimano and stages.

Also, I know there will be the inevitable comment 'it would be better if it was traditional geometry'. I've got a c40 mapei and have had an EPS PRZA in traditional. My legs aren't the longest so -for my body- I prefer the slight slope.

I'll be building up some other wheels, da hubs and 25mm carbon rims which I know will suit the bike well. The 6.7's are deep but I love how they roll and for Crits they'll be perfect.

We custom made vinyl decals to cover the green. Method was to photo the frame, upload to illustrator then play with the angles etc. Took some work to get it right, but the end result is so good it looks like it was painted on.
Last edited by haydos on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Quiver:
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:

PSM

by PSM

haydos wrote:How many pro teams have ridden Shimano on Colnago's ? :wink:

Landbouwkrediet and Team Novonordisk and many others... :smartass:

Even Colnago have Shimano on their homepage. Stop being so childish about Campagnolo!

haydos

by haydos

PSM wrote:

Landbouwkrediet and Team Novonordisk and many others... :smartass:

Even Colnago have Shimano on their homepage. Stop being so childish about Campagnolo!

erm... that was my point... 8)
Current Quiver:
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

+1 afaik Ernesto Colnago was the first major Italian manufacturer to put Dura Ace on his top level bikes for the pros.

PSM

by PSM

Sorry. :oops:

:P

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

But still... someone had to say it, even if it was just for the inevitable kneejerk response it gets... it's almost like that old joke which you just keep repeating where everyone already knows the punchline. Never gets old. LOLOL. Sponsorships aside, it's just nice to see Campy on a Colnago. And that's not to slight Shimano or SRAM in any way, just that certain combinations go together a little bit better than others, even if it's just a traditional or aesthetic thing.

Nice work on the silver vinyl coverup. So, you just had it printed up and then stuck it on right over top? Brilliant. Looks great.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Quinn039

by Quinn039

this is going to be a great looking bike! excited to see it come together, a little different in regards to build for a change.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Lovely stuff mate!

And agreed about the 'Shimano on a Colnago...' lines. Should be an addition to the Intro rules that Colnago posted has the OP openly chastise himself if he's chosen anything other than Campagnolo. Will save a page of tedium.