2013 Cannondale Evo HIMOD DI2 9070

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

That's a gorgeous bike. I've got a 2012 EVO with 7900 Di2 and you've made me super jealous, despite the fact my own bike is perfectly awesome. Well done, sir!
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

KWalker

by KWalker

Why spend all the money on such a nice bike and get the least accurate powermeter on the market for it? Surely you could get a Hollowgram SRM (pretty light itself) by having SRM install the proper spider on the arms?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

asv

by asv

KWalker wrote:Why spend all the money on such a nice bike and get the least accurate powermeter on the market for it? Surely you could get a Hollowgram SRM (pretty light itself) by having SRM install the proper spider on the arms?

If people want to discuss the Stages Power Meter that isn't even on the bike, which appears to be more controversial than Rapha clothing on this board, there is a great thread thread for that over here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54198&start=885

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the topic at hand. This is not a power meter debate thread.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Stunning bike!!! Congrats! :thumbup:
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

asv

by asv

I updated the post with battery pics and a screenshot of the firmware update process.

bigcalves

by bigcalves

Thank you ASV for posting that......

Some people just do not get it.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Beautiful bike! I have the older Di2 on my C59 and what thinking about upgrading to the newer lighter version just because.

saibot

by saibot

asv wrote:I updated the post with battery pics and a screenshot of the firmware update process.

Sweet! Thanks for the photos!

Looks like the battery enclosure is bonded to the post some how, can't wait to get my hands on it.

edit: read your blog post and got my answers, thanks!

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

Awesome!

A really think zip or two tie looks a lot neater than the shimano-provided strap thingy that holds the junction box to the stem.

ronderman

by ronderman

I really like this build a lot and the EVO is a pretty damn ugly frame thanks to the crap paint cannondale has been throwing on 'em. I like yours, though. The cranks, though, are awesome!!!!!

asv

by asv

saibot wrote:Looks like the battery enclosure is bonded to the post some how, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Apparently calfee does the bonding of that enclosure to the post so my shop sent my cut Enve post to Calfee to get setup. It should be back in a few days.

asv

by asv

ronderman wrote:I really like this build a lot and the EVO is a pretty damn ugly frame thanks to the crap paint cannondale has been throwing on 'em. I like yours, though. The cranks, though, are awesome!!!!!

Thanks, I'm really happy with the way this bike looks, and I thought it would be semi-ugly. I bought it for the ride/tech/cranks and not the looks. I think the pictures on the Cannondale site really do it a diservice. The paint is shockingly good compared to some of the other Evo paint jobs that look cheap/boring.

gbranden

by gbranden

Amazing bike and setup!!

I allready bought the same model and am waiting for it!!
wasn´t this bike supposed to come with mavic R-SYS SLR??? instead of Ksyrium SLR??
or did you change the wheelset?

asv

by asv

gbranden wrote:wasn´t this bike supposed to come with mavic R-SYS SLR??? instead of Ksyrium SLR??
or did you change the wheelset?

The wheelset in the dealerbook is listed as Ksyrium SLR

http://issuu.com/csgaustralia/docs/cannondale_dealer_book_2013

That said, the rear wheel is a mix of carbon and zircal spokes.

gbranden

by gbranden

I think they changed it...
on the US website it was with R-SYS slr and i just looked now and they changed it for Ksyrium aswell...

in the end, both are almost the same wheel... i think ksyrium is even more aero!!

well, great bike anyway!!
instead of a powercrank i think my upgrade will be racing wheels (probably 303 tubulars).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com