New User

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SebK

by SebK

Hello . New user here . I do a lot of machine work on parts and make my own carbon fibre parts too . If you don't know me I am on G+ as SebK the carbon guy *as they call me) . I first started sharing on MTBR.com and then moved on to G+ . I have over 23million views on my account in just over a year so I gotta be doing something right When I have time I will post some pics of my rides here .

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SebKMTB/posts

F45

by F45

Welcome!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SebK

by SebK

Thnx guys :) !!!

thebuny

by thebuny

Did you build your carbon seatclamp?

I need a 28.6 for my steel bike and cannot finde anything interesting...

SebK

by SebK

I modified it but didn't build it . It could easily be made though . That diameter is a strange one .

thebuny

by thebuny

It's for a steel Road frame. 27.2 inside. Very thin seattube

Enviado do meu Aquaris E5 HD através de Tapatalk

SebK

by SebK

I could make one but the finish wouldn't be as good as the MCFK that I have . Email Martin at info@mcfk.de and he should hook you up :thumbup:

jooo

by jooo

Tune make 28.6mm clamps. MCFK did make them in pretty much any size AFAIK.

SebK

by SebK

Ooops forgot about Tune but they aren't carbon though (gotta love a bit of carbon) .

jooo

by jooo

Yeah they are, the Würger Skyline, that is.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

SebK wrote:Thnx guys :) !!!

Pretty happy reply after 24 hours earlier posting this on G+

Can I just say the G+ community is the best . Really love it here . The last few days of communicating on the Weight Weenie forum has made me realise that quite a few on there (not all) are a bunch of...well I won't mention the word but rhymes with 'hunts' . Completely deflated me and made me feel like cra* . They really are arrogant, rude and quite frankly need their heads examined . They all think what the bike market throws at them is instantly the best and we should all be riding the latest stuff . Not always . I have stuff custom made for this exact reason . I make my own parts for this exact reason .Honestly thought it was going to be a nice forum to join . Obviously not .

Even the German dude who owns Carbon Works got slated . Hell even Nino who came up with the idea (as well as Chris from here in the UK ) got slated on a couple of forums .

Who do these members think they are ?!!! Absolute shi* for brains . Very easy to criticise on a product rather than make it yourself or even test it yourself .

My bike is not only more custom than pretty much most from what I have seen on there but also unique which they don't like . Well I have news for you - people are different . I like a machine that stands out and for all the right reasons . Sure badly set up bikes look odd but that's because they are badly set up . If a bike works for someone then that's great .

They are probably jealous because they cannot afford half the stuff I get who knows .

Waste of my fu**ing time .

Anyway rant over . 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SebKMTB/posts/FreoaWmZnBZ

Waste of your time. Yet here you still are...

SebK

by SebK

I am still here because I am seeing if things improve . As long as I get insulted and taken the pi** out of then I will rant over on G+ . You don't like then don't view my stuff .

I'm right about a lot of companies who get slated on here and decide not to post replies . I don't blame them . The guy from CarbonWorks had some very nasty comments about his bottle cage . Well I have news - it works . About 70 euros and the cage is beautiful . As far as the people who thought otherwise- think before you post .

My experience with this community has been..well shi** so far only on the MTB section with my race bike post however . Other sections have been better and infact so far I find the road community nicer .

Sure I will have my rants now and then and post them on G+ but that's a different community where you share everything so by all means copy what I post there and paste it here . No problem .

L3X

by L3X

Welcome welcome! :beerchug:

Any plans to shoot some more pictures of your parts/bike and post them here? Would be interesting to see more :)

SebK

by SebK

Thnk you dude :) . Refreshing to have a positive response (and thnk you to the others who have welcomed me) . I will post more but I'm feeling slightly reluctant after my first post .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thebuny

by thebuny

Comments apart and just my point of view.
Open some threads explaining some of your self made components. Some fotos and some "how to" stuff. I always like it :D