Parlee Z5SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have an evo and an sworks tarmac SL3 and there is noticably more flex in the chainstays when sprinting on the evo. Don't think it effects power transfer significantly though, all my fastest climbs/uphill sprints are on the evo.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theletterk

by theletterk

i changed the stem to the Deda Superleggero as it is matte black and also quite slim in looks. I've tried the extralite stem before but it seems to have a bit of movement at the bolt area when i push down hard. not sure why but the other stems doesn't give this problem at all.

I am running standard campy cables for my bike setup and it gives a snappier feel during shifts.

Stammer - this has to be the most compliant bike i have ever used. it just eats up the rough roads as well as pretty much everything i throw at it. I can't feel any flex at all even when its off saddle climbs (as hard as i possibly can but i guess its too easy in singapore where everything is relatively flat). so yeah....no flex at all. no creaking sounds whatsoever. i love it very much.

And for whose who are still contemplating getting a berk saddle combo. Please don't wait anymore. this is definitely as comfy as a padded saddle. as long as you have your position dialed in - emailed Jure and if your measurements are all correct, you will be smiling when he sends it to you. Jure is such a great great guy to work with.

Stammer

by Stammer

Thanks for your reply. Lovely bike you have there! I may get the THM parts myself in the future. Any idea if the THM crank can fit in with Quarq powermeter?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Clavicula does not have a quarq option. There is a SRM specifically for the M3 version of the clavicula though.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theletterk

by theletterk

Now that I have a few bikes to play with....I still go back to the Parlee quite often. Updated a little on the look of it as I realized luck wasn't on my side when my bikes were all dark coloured (u can see for my past few bikes - they are all more colourful). So its flou yellow tape and matching cages. Changed out a few things as well over the past year. Brakes has been replaced with Campy SR brakes as the performance of the SR brakes is really much way better. Stem has also been swapped out last night to a -17 thomson:)

I have quite a few wheelsets to go with the bike but decided to post it up with the Bora80 becauseeeeee.....#aeroiseverything

*not sure why the saddle looks tilted down in this pic....its definitely level! maybe it did not sit in the wheel slot of the bike stand.

Still a absolutely wonderful bike to ride on. I love this Parlee!