6Kg 2013 BMC SLR01 (Retired)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

The tech that cut my fork left some room so it had play in it. Their fix was to put the FSA expander on it instead of cutting it again. That saved six grams, which got me thinking. So I looked at the expanders on FWB and figured I could save even more weight. Since I don't know the inner diameter on the fork I bought a Park Tools DS-1 that should do the trick. More than likely I will go with the Extralite Ultrastar 2. It looks to be well built, is that the consensus?

Thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Yes they have a reputation of being a very solid choice

bura

by bura

I have recently installed the Extralite Ultstar 2 .It is well built and keeps well in place torqued with 14nm.
I have a AFC super light top cap and a Carbon-Ti cap bolt.
But used a strong cap and a steel bolt to take out the play and tightening the stem before I replaced them with the above.
BTW hope the rear KCNC skewer placed as is only for the photo shooting. And switched showing to the front when riding.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

rroger

by rroger

Im waiting on the same bar ends. I think the black would look better with the white tape. When you say "left some room", do you mean that it was measured and cut incorrectly?

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

bura wrote:BTW hope the rear KCNC skewer placed as is only for the photo shooting. And switched showing to the front when riding.

Nope, is there any reason why it shouldn't be? I have always done it because I thought it was more aero. Am I wrong?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The thinking is that the potential danger of that skewer lever catching onto another bike far, FAR outweighs any aero benefit.

Nice weight!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

rroger wrote:Im waiting on the same bar ends. I think the black would look better with the white tape. When you say "left some room", do you mean that it was measured and cut incorrectly?

The "cufflinks" are pretty hot!

Correct, they measured and cut incorrectly....

rroger

by rroger

Bummer about that. I had a shop do that once. Luckily the gm corrected the whole mess and replaced my fork.

Post up over there once the build is complete. Not too many bmc's ive seen over yonder

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

rroger wrote:Bummer about that. I had a shop do that once. Luckily the gm corrected the whole mess and replaced my fork.

Post up over there once the build is complete. Not too many bmc's ive seen over yonder

Thanks! Will do...

bura

by bura

CAMSHAFT wrote:
bura wrote:BTW hope the rear KCNC skewer placed as is only for the photo shooting. And switched showing to the front when riding.

Nope, is there any reason why it shouldn't be? I have always done it because I thought it was more aero. Am I wrong?

Like Imaking20 already said.

Want more aero? Get some bolt on ones.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Point 1 Racing 5mm spacer came in....

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

5 point something grams savings....

New weight!

Stuartclark1977

by Stuartclark1977

Don't want to hijack your thread but a quick q.

can i ask if either of your bmc's came with a conical spacer/top cap originally? my TM02 has come with this:

and i want to drop the 15mm of stack height. problem is the 3mm narrow bit that is fiared by a rubber shield. Never seen this before and with another lower stack height top cap I couldn't get the headset to preload properly. I don't think using 3mm of micro spacers below the topcap is a solution but might be what I have to go with.

Anyone have any ideas or seen anything like this before.

nice bike by the way

Elrey

by Elrey

Mine didn't

munk93

by munk93

CAMSHAFT wrote:
New weight!

Sorry to put it this way. You've havent managed to post a single full side pic of your awesome bike. The weight is nice and all, but we need to see a proper pic of this devil. (Not in the hometrainer, not in a workstand but outside against a big wall or something) :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com