6Kg 2013 BMC SLR01 (Retired)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

I had a nice present waiting for me when I came in....more shots soon!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

Shots look good! As soon as I get my new brakes in I'll have to shoot my SLR01 too :thumbup:

I've done my fair share of photography and feel like the bike would look much nicer if shot with some even lighting without the hard light and shadows. Also, if you're friend is cool enough to shoot this for you I say go all out and set up the bike properly! Big ring / small cog, crank arms in line with chain stays etc. If he gives some distance between the bike and background itself he will be able to create a nice burred background. Also, looks like a tiny part of the 0 in SLR01 is missing at the bottom :) Not sure if it has chipped or your friend was a bit trigger happy when retouching.

lyot

by lyot

Like !!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

plpete wrote:Shots look good! As soon as I get my new brakes in I'll have to shoot my SLR01 too :thumbup:

Thanks I'll look for yours!

plpete wrote:I've done my fair share of photography and feel like the bike would look much nicer if shot with some even lighting without the hard light and shadows.

He is a coworker, I didnt want to impose upon him and make him do a studio session. We were at the mercy of the CO sun.

plpete wrote:Also, if you're friend is cool enough to shoot this for you I say go all out and set up the bike properly! Big ring / small cog, crank arms in line with chain stays etc.

Isn't the whole crank inline with chain stay personal preference?

plpete wrote:If he gives some distance between the bike and background itself he will be able to create a nice burred background.

He realizes this and we have another session planned at another location to adress this.

plpete wrote:Also, looks like a tiny part of the 0 in SLR01 is missing at the bottom :) Not sure if it has chipped or your friend was a bit trigger happy when retouching.

I actually received the bike like this. I chose to not fuss about it because I plan to repaint it later.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

lyot wrote:Like !!

Thanks!

plpete

by plpete

CAMSHAFT wrote:
plpete wrote:Shots look good! As soon as I get my new brakes in I'll have to shoot my SLR01 too :thumbup:

Thanks I'll look for yours!
I plan to repaint it later.

No worries :lol: I guess all those things are personal preference. I just feel like those adjustments are aesthetically pleasing (again personal preference) and it's usually the small attention to detail that will give you awesome photos. Looking forward to seeing more shots. I'd love to have that CO sun here but usually best shots can be had on a grey and cloudy day :lol:

There is a thread buried in here of one SLR01 that was fully sanded down to raw carbon and finished off with clear coat and a single black BMC logo on the down tube. Looks sick!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

plpete wrote: There is a thread buried in here of one SLR01 that was fully sanded down to raw carbon and finished off with clear coat and a single black BMC logo on the down tube. Looks sick!

I need to find it!! I think it might be the one with an Aussie owner that was on Cyclingtips...

plpete

by plpete

Nope, that's not the one. This is the thread -check it out

manne

by manne

Nice work, really like it!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

plpete wrote:Nope, that's not the one. This is the thread -check it out

Excellent thanks!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

manne wrote:Nice work, really like it!

Thanks!

record

by record

That's a stunning BMC! The wheels, the groupset, the frame - everything makes this bike look so modern and nice. Love it!
A light bike does replace good fitness.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

record wrote:That's a stunning BMC! The wheels, the groupset, the frame - everything makes this bike look so modern and nice. Love it!

Thank you! I love it too!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

POP UD top cover and bolt. I saved 15 grams however it didn't change my overall.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Going aero tomorrow... I am practicing for a very hilly local TT. This is first time out on these wheels except for around the block. It only added 450 grams lol