Hi - *waves*

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

After having lurked here somewhat for a year or so I started posting a bit over the last few months. The forum has moved into the ranks of my "check daily" message boards, a job which literally consumes whole days on occassion. It's only 4 boards (3 bike, 1 IT - but they also ride :P) but together with 5 email accounts and an F5 button, days pass without noticing. :shock: :roll:

About biking... started about 6-7 years ago with my first rides, but I've only begun riding fanatically since 5 years or so, when I moved to Maastricht, Southern Netherlands (Amstel Gold Race terrain), to begin my medicine studies. Did a bit of racing the last few years, with results improving this year. A third place and some top 10 places. Oh, and I won the Dutch Student Championships last year, but only in the "non racers" category since I didn't have an official racing license then.

I've been riding on a no-name alu bike from a bikeshop from up north in the Netherlands, with Ultegra parts and Ksyrium SL wheels. Last september I could get a sweet deal on a CR1 Limited with Campy Record '05, the beautiful Record '03 carbon cranks, Mavic SSC brakes, Ritchey WCS Carbon seatpost, F99 stem, Deda 215 bars and Mavic Wintech wireless computer. Fitted it with some bombproof Daytona/Mavic Open Pro/36 black Sapim spokes for training rides and criteriums, an Arione saddle, Keo Carbons and some cheap-ass but quite light and for-now-good-enough-looking CF bottlecages.
Will get an extra set of racing/climbing wheels too this winter. Can maybe get a good deal on some AC CR420s/AC micro front/Soul Kozak rear/DT aerolite wheels but will otherwise probably get some Eurus '05 or '06 wheels (leaning towards '05).

The bike is by no means a true WW but it should be able to do local criteriums, hilly races in the Belgian Ardennes, Alpine rides and the weekly training rides on the outdoor track here, so it should hold up day in day out. And I'm still into my studies for another year so I'm trying to be economically minded as well... :roll:

For the winter months and the occasional summer ride I also have a Trek 8000 '05 MTB, pretty much stock save for the flat Race Lite bars, Woodman Chupa carbon barends, Eggbeater pedals and some RR rubber. And just fitted it with a XT cassette and PC99 chain.

I'll try and fix a current pic of the CR1 when I feel like it, I know you guys don't see them that often. :lol:

Keep posting and the rubber down 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com