Tommasini Golden Nugget

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

theletterk

by theletterk

maverick_1 wrote:@theletterk,
Great built, as usual :thumbup:
I understand you have a Master 55th as well as a Cinelli SC.
Possible to explain the ride feel between the three framesets?
And which is your favorite among the three?

Cheers

thank you Maverick :)

Tommasini feels very racy due to the way it has been set up. a perfect size for me. small and low. It is my favourite steel frame that performs as well, if not better, than my carbon frames. handling is very neutral and the feel is extremely agile. The low weight helps too. The tommasini is my favourite work for steel bikes.

Cinelli is my first steel bike to the stable and it was set up as a climbing bike (triple groupset) and it performs like it really should. Doesn't show its age at all and instead it is the first bike my friends will wow when they see it. Maybe because I have added something to it :) It has the old school campagnolo white discwheel now. Have not taken it out recently and thank you for mentioning the SC. Maybe it is time for me to bring her out!

Master 55th - very modern feel to the bike. very similar to the tommasini in terms of road feel but more comfortable because it is a size up. my position on this bike is a very relaxed coffee ride position. I don't go hard at all on this bike because it is too precious for anything to happen to it. Gets waxed every month and wiped down every week.

Tommasini gets the nod amongst the 3 bikes mentioned due to the way it has been set up. I know the SC has huge potential to do just as well but the front end of the tommasini feels more lively.

Looks like it is going to be a night of waxing them and entering the man cave once more tonight.

Maverick - thank you for bringing this topic back because I have neglected them a little bit (for not riding them).

theletterk

by theletterk

THUNDERHORSE wrote:Love the ride with the "black label" boras (big fan of that wheel set in general)!

thank you :)

TwiggyTN wrote:I believe when released their initial offering was in gold. I have a pair, in tubular of course.

fogman wrote:Out of curiosity where do you get gold Shamal Ultras? Or is it aftermarket, custom paint?

Got this wheelset from a collector. I knew I wanted this the moment I saw it. i think i purchased it the day i setup the tommasini. Think Campagnolo released this in 2006 and it has sort of become a collector's item now. saw it on ebay recently and the asking price was USD1300.

kgt wrote:That! :) The frame is a masterpiece, one of the nicest steel frames available. The lugs and overall attention to detail is second to none.
I would just prefer it with Hyperons if you ask me.

i agree. their attention to details for the lugs and whole bike is really of very high standard. still think that the gold colour they used it the right tone. Not too goldish nor yellowish. Hmmm...I've been missing out on hyperons all these while. Might get a bora35 soon though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@theletterk,

Good to know you're liking the Tommasini more.
FYI, I'm building up a Tecno end of this year (frameset/fork in storage for the past five years lol..)

Most likely buidling it with a "pre-red" 2009 Record 11 groupset.
Tommasini Tecno vs Colnago Master hmm :roll:

Flapmeat

by Flapmeat

Super Record looks right at home! Beautiful bike!

theletterk

by theletterk

maverick_1 wrote:@theletterk,

Good to know you're liking the Tommasini more.
FYI, I'm building up a Tecno end of this year (frameset/fork in storage for the past five years lol..)

Most likely buidling it with a "pre-red" 2009 Record 11 groupset.
Tommasini Tecno vs Colnago Master hmm :roll:

The is a beautiful frame maverick! I love it! The blue is gorgeous. build it up quick!

seeing how u are going to build one soon makes me want to start off another project!

I have a boxed up colnago 35th anniversary Master Piu bike. it is very very heavily waxed and oiled under clingwrap and the only way is to polish off the wax gently. I will probably start doing this soon!