by arizonahalfnhalf

Brilliant! What a beautiful bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

czaballa

by czaballa

arizonahalfnhalf wrote:Brilliant! What a beautiful bike.

+1 Nothing to add to that!

mrgray

by mrgray

what an absolutely ripper paint job. given you continue to have this one i presume you are still enjoying riding it? you've got some experience with various bikes. what would you say about carbon and steel and also as i understand you have a colnago, how does this compare with that? i've got a colnago and am thinking of getting a steel bike and have been doing some reading and there is a lot of enthusiasm out there for steel bikes and their ride qualities versus carbon. do you feel it is justified?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I don't have the Colnago anymore - part of the reason being that I prefer the ride of this.

Modern steel most definitely justifies enthusiasm.

jerk
in the industry

by jerk

hello all-

i just saw this thread and wanted to thank Rich/BikeTart for all his kind words! i'm actually really proud of this bike. someone mentioned here that aside from being a dickhead i just use CONI manual geometry for my bikes. i'd like to think that the former isn't true- (i try to be a nice guy) and as for the latter i think this statement must be based on some stuff taken a bit out of context.

i design and build my bikes around a given rider's previous contact points, riding style, intended usage and his or her morphology. i spend an awful lot of time making sure that the wheels are in the right place, so to speak. you've got to account for the equipment being used as well- but all in all, there's an infinite amount of potential things you can do when designing a race bike but there is a fairly narrow range of dimensions to work within to insure that the thing rides right.

Richard's design was actually quite challenging. he needs a fairly high saddle, doesn't use a lot of saddle to bar drop and his reach is fairly short. generally, these bikes are tough to make "drive right" let alone be balanced aesthetically. that's why i really am proud of Richard's Cazzo. to me it looks really balance and right- i know that it balances and rides well too- not because i think the decisions we made were correct but because of the feedback i got from Rich.

folks- i have the Gaulzetti project because i want these bikes to be out there. i really work hard on making sure that each one performs well for the rider who owns it. they're putting a lot of faith in me to build them the best bike i can. i am confident in my bikes and i'm sorry if this comes across in anyway as me being a "dickhead". i am trying to build the best race bikes in world and i am a student to my own experiences and that of the sport in general. my bikes continue to evolve and (i hope) get better.

i'd urge anyone who has any interest or questions about Gaulzetti to reach out to me. i hope you'll find that i'm actually a kind, intellectually curious and passionate person who truly loves cycling and bikes. i am confident that i'm building the best race bikes i can and conversations that become projects that become completed bikes allow me to keep making better ones.

thanks for reading.

craig

gaulzetti.co
the jerk is always right!
the jerk thinks your stem is too short!

grid256

by grid256

Thank you Craig. Huge respect for your process and outcome. I have a second hand Corsa that is a complete screamer.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Currently wearing CCUs and a Brooks C13:

PARTIZAN

by PARTIZAN

Black bartape please [emoji108]

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I'll be going back to my white Arione 00 after tomorrow's ride, so no need :)

mrgray

by mrgray

how do you rate:
1. the c13
2. ccu's
3. vittoria graphene tyres?

also gaulzetti looks very nice
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

1. I don't, really - it looks good, and it soaks up bumps but it's bouncy. I'm going back to my Arione 00
2 & 3. First ride tomorrow...

cdtf

by cdtf

That bike is so stylish!

Everything is on point. Even the rotor crank looks good, strangely....