Gaulzetti Cazzo - what no purple?!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Feel free to order one! ;)

Not sure why - could be that I'm too low volume, or that the finished wheel will be too competitive against their dealers' stock versions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

So the Vanquish Wheels are gona be released as non disk wheels? Hed have stated that they only wana release them as a disk wheel.??

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

The ones I saw were non-disk, I'm certain of it...

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I know Brent has a pair that he's been using but he did tell me that Hed had decided not to sell them too the public :?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Nick Both is building my wheels for this Cazzo - I'll see if he knows as he'll be building all of the wheels for Oz!

nspace

by nspace

Not sure about the cages either but they definitely don't look offensive in anyway. Nice looking ride so far.

I like the Chorus groupset. It is practical. It doesn't need EE brakes, the record, chorus, super record brakes are fantastic. I want Chorus on my next bike, despite having Record on my current one. Just seems much better value, and after having a Record f/d, would actually prefer the non-carbon cage on the Chrous version.

Looking forward to the finished build.

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

this build would probably look awsome with some anodized C Record Delta brakes :roll:

Timo

by Timo

I am anxiously awaiting the completed build!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Nice to see a Gaulzetti without ISP... :thumbup:
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

The not-quite-finished current build pic:

Waiting for the NOS Flite saddle to arrive to mount the C-Record post, hence the nasty Miche Supertype post on there for now (the only spare 27.2mm post I had). Wheels look good, but won't be staying - I'm too keen to get rolling on my FMBs!

corky

by corky

whatever the build ...... the frame looks a lot better proportioned than some of your others..... just my opinion. Jerk knows how a bike should look......

Roobay

by Roobay

Rich id rather not comment until its finished :roll:
thats a nasty seatpost :shock:
and if the wheels arent staying :lol:
and the saddles goin :?
the rest looks fine except im not sure about the bar tape as is
but that may change after its completed :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

KWalker

by KWalker

I like the Gaulzetti frames, but after reading interviews with the guy I simply could not support anything that gives him more money to be self-righteous. He had a nothing amateur career and although he owns a bike shop I don't see how this gives him a magical insight into bike building. I know he sells the whole 'bare bones race machine' concept pretty well, but nothing about them is too stand out to justify his whole persona. I think they are clean, simple bikes if you have the cash and should remain that way.

With that said I'm most likely going Speedvagen next year instead.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

LionelB

by LionelB

Good looking bike. Did you weight the frame and the fork ?

fa63

by fa63

KWalker wrote:I like the Gaulzetti frames, but after reading interviews with the guy I simply could not support anything that gives him more money to be self-righteous. He had a nothing amateur career and although he owns a bike shop I don't see how this gives him a magical insight into bike building. I know he sells the whole 'bare bones race machine' concept pretty well, but nothing about them is too stand out to justify his whole persona. I think they are clean, simple bikes if you have the cash and should remain that way.

With that said I'm most likely going Speedvagen next year instead.

I met him at NAHBS '12 and walked away thinking he was a bit of a prick. I would never give him my money personally, but he indeed does a good job of marketing his bikes/philosophy. Having been on aluminum bikes for the good part of last five years, I would actually love to ride one of his Corsa frames and see if they are all that they are cracked out to be, but like I said I am not buying one from him :)

That said, this one looks like it will be a very nice build. Also, Rich mentioned on another forum that the ride is good enough for him to think about sidelining his Baum...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com