New around here.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SolongSid

by SolongSid

Howdy Guys, as the title suggests I'm new around these here parts. I live in the South of Scotland and am currently the owner of a Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 and Trek Madone.
I've been road biking for the last couple of years and am an avid member of my local cycling club. Bit of a classic "MAMIL " Into predominantly regular club runs and the odd TT and amateur road race.
I recently returned from injury following a prolapsed disc in the L5/S1 area of my lower back in September 2013, an injury that took 5 months to improve. Can't tell you how great it is to get back out on the road again!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Welcome! Post some photos of that Wilier.

SolongSid

by SolongSid

Juanmoretime - Not super serious about training but would like to be competitive in the odd local road race or time trial.
Regarding upgrades a nice set of hoops is the next priority and possibly a change of bars.

Incidentally, I recently had a new BB fitted and am experiencing some annoying intermittent clanking which I need to get to the bottom of. Anyone any ideas as to what the issue is ?

SolongSid

by SolongSid

BB386 but following a run with a few guys from the club this morning the concensus seems to be that the issue is my rear wheel freehub. This makes sense as recently I've been losing drive intermittently which is causing me to freewheel at the most innappropriate moments.