by Bianchi10

You decide on wheels yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

pretty sure itll be 45s on red king... sound familiar? I just have to work out how ill order them through my work when i get back there for the summer in a few weeks. Try and see if i can just order them complete in the way i want (and save a few $) or build them up. I like building wheels... but cash is king atm.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

It does sound very familiar! I absolutely love mine. Have improved my riding in every way.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

these are good things to hear. Its really just a matter of time now... 1 month, maybe two.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I can tell you that my average speed has increased by 2-3mph and my 1-2mph on hill climbs.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

awesome! I look forward to that and to less buffeting from the wind.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I hope OPs still reading this thread: what size is your frame sir and your height?

Looking to get this frame soon.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

The frame is a small and I am 5'9".

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Updates. Its been a long time and things haven't worked out quite as planned. regardless Im still very pleased with the bike.

Wheels were my primary concern this year and Ive gone with black king 45s (20/24) laced to stans alpha 340s with black sapim lasers and black alu nipples. the enve rims (even at cost) proved to be prohibitively expensive so for the next season or two ill stick to aluminum. red R45s were also out of the question when i tossed a set of wheels with red hubs into my bike at the shop and realized just how horribly the colour clashed with the bronze dropouts on my frame.

my rear wheel has be excellent, came in at 750g. The front still isnt together, apparently a black 20h front hub was a little much to ask for so ive been waiting a few months for it.
Bike with the ksyrium elite front wheel still and all cages, pedals and computer comes to 16.5 lbs or 7.48 kg. im still very pleased with it. pictures to come pending the arrival of my front hub... cant wait to build it. :)
Last edited by Quinn039 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Nice looking build! Love the Damocles!

:beerchug:

Looking forward to seeing updated photos!

EightySixer

by EightySixer

I just picked up a new to me 2012 Damo RS. After reading the warning on the fork I'm a bit uneasy..

I was planning on kitting it out with all 3T components as I do all of my bikes, Anybody think the stem will be an issue? I don't want to crack the darn steer tube if I improperly install the stem.

I think the fork expander plug (FSA stock) is made to "beef up" the forks integrity a bit but I'm not really sure. It's awfully heavy, something like 60g I read. I'll suck up the weight of the FSA plug/topcap if I have to but does anyone know of any other options I could use istead of the FSA plug and topcap?

Thanks all,
Justin

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

You read the warning on the fork??? :smartass:

Just install with assembly paste and use the proper torque and you'll be a-ok. Make sure to cut the steerer to the recommended length above, or at the stem, depending on the manufacturer specs once you get the fit dialed.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

there was a warning on the fork? I havent had an issue. Im running the stock bits... they are exceptionally heavy though...

Quinn039

by Quinn039

figured I'd take the opportunity to post the pictures I took after getting my front wheel together back in august.

Love this bike, especially now that the hubs are nicely broken in. :D

EightySixer

by EightySixer

Nice thanks for the replies.

I just bought the frameset so I didn't have any stock parts. I'm just going to go with my usual 3t finishing kit as I get her put together this winter. I have to take some of the steerer down it's pretty tall. I'll only have 10mm of spacer below the stem I think and then chop it to fit a 5mm on top and I should be good, I'll get my buddy from my lbs to tune and finish it after I get my grouppo and everything together.
I looked for an installation guide online but couldn't find anything except for a Specialized bikes guide.
Thanks again for the replies fellas.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com