COLNAGO Extreme Power Pg. 7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

davec

by davec

Gorgeous build. Always loved all black with white logos. Skin walls provide a classic quality on an otherwise ultra modern machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Thanks guys.

pje0713 wrote:Amazing! I really love it. The weight on that superzero post is amazingly low. What did you do other than replace yokes and bolts? Looking great! Enjoy!

Thank you. I cut 95mm off the shaft removing about 25g. The Ti bolts saved 10g, and the POP yokes you sent me took off another 15g. Thanks again for your kindness.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

This came out REALLY nice! When you first polished up the seatpost clamp I was on the fence but it's perfect with the sliver headset. Really compliments everything, subtley. Nicely done. How are you liking the RHM bend of the Deda bars? I tried the Presas before but really did not like that bend. I like the flat spot on the drops that a classic bar generally gives. Personal preference. A nice side profile shot of the bike outdoors when you get a chance would be great. Looks proportionately perfect.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Thanks Cal. The bars have been kind to me so far, but I haven't put in enough miles yet to make a worthwhile comment. I'll try to post some outside pics as soon as possible. This bike is such a big upgrade over any road bike I've ever had, that it would be hard to share my experience until I get a chance to sample some other top tier bikes. One thing I can definitely notice is the ride quality of these tubulars.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Took some measurements after seeing your question on Davec's thread. I'm 180cm with a cycling inseam of 84cm.

Saddle height (BB to saddle): 74.5cm
Saddle to bar drop: 8.2cm
Tip of saddle to bar: 54.4cm
Seatpost & saddle showing: 17cm

willy

by willy

Just perfect! One of the nicest colnagos in the forum, wouldn't change a thing, ride and enjoy it like it deserves, and definitely show us some more photos like Calnago suggested.

davec

by davec

willy wrote:definitely show us some more photos like Calnago suggested.

Ill 3rd that motion!

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@irongatsby,

Any new pics of the built?

irongatsby

by irongatsby

I will post new pics in a few days. My initial objective was to build the lightest bike possible using mass production components with no weight limits. After putting some miles on the bike, I decided to make some changes for the sake of comfort and aesthetics. As a result, the bike gained a few grams despite a much lighter wheelset.

1. Handlebars- replaced the Deda Superleggeras(186g) with Deda Campiones(219g). +33g

2. Bar tape- replaced the Deda foam(46g) with San Marco leather(93g). +47g

3. Saddle- got the San Marco Regale Carbon FX Urban(208g). Still have the Prologo C.One Nack(96g). +112g

4. Wheels- got some Reynolds 32s(1066g w/o decals). Still have the 46s(1196g w/o decals). -130g

5. Skewers- replaced the Reynolds Ti(64g) with Extralite Aliens 3(55g). -9g

Total gain: 53g

I de-labeled the Superzero seatpost and sprayed it with some 2 part clearcoat. The seatpost and handlebar textures now match the frame's bare carbon finish. Again, the pics are coming soon!

andyindo

by andyindo

Nice!

Why did you change the superleggara handlebar though?Dont both those deda bars have the same shape?

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

No, the Campione is basically a carbon version of the Newton shallow with a slightly deeper drop. The Superleggera is RHM compact.
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Confusingly, some shops list the drop at 135mm and others at 143mm. I measured the bars myself and confirmed that it's 143mm.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes. It's not at all like the newton shallow except in general shape and a nice flat on the drops. The drop is much deeper as you measured and the ramp seems steeper. But it is a nice classic shape.

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Irongatsby: what didn't you like about the Superleggeras? Do you like the Campiones more now that you have them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Cal, I was heavily influenced by your white EPQ. I switched to these bars for aesthetic reasons more than anything else, but I think the extra 5mm reach and increased drop resulted in a better fit as well. I really like this set up much better. The Superleggeras weren't too bad, but I wished they weren't so round. I kept moving around a lot in the drops. Plus, I didn't feel comfortable about how light the bars felt. The heavier Campiones provide a bit more peace of mind.