Nice looking ride!
Instagram @seanblurr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I am also willing to part-out the bike if you are interested in the 9000 group, wheels, or frame. Let me know and make me an offer. I would be looking to sell the frame for $900, and the group for $1,200. The wheels were MSRP of $520, and I would take $350 for them.

I have already sold the Boyd's, which were fantastic wheels IMO, if not a bit heavy.

53x12

by 53x12

Were you no longer happy with the Fuji so moving on to something else? Let me guess, you saw the light and are coming back to a CAAD10? :beerchug:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Busted!

Actually, I am very happy with the bike as-is and will keep it if I cannot get what I want out of its sale; however, family circumstances (first child on the way) have made me re-think my need for the level of bike that this is. If I can get the amount I want to from the sale I can buy a CAAD 10 w 105 or Rival and still be able to contribute 2k (including my sale of the Boyd's) to my wife to furnish the nursery (my wife has very good design taste, which = $$$$, as you can probably tell by my kitchen!). I hope that me making concessions will make her willing to allow me time to ride after our child is born.

53x12

by 53x12

Congrats on soon expansion of your family and good luck with the sale. I'm sure someone will eventually pick it up.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

mythical

by mythical

Dayum!! Dat bike, it's very ominous looking with the large black tubes and high rims. I definitely didn't notice this bike before but that latest update looks awesome and fast. Great job, btompkins0112 :thumbup:

And congrats on the little one! :D
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

H0RSE

by H0RSE

Fantastic .. Polished.

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Great build. Love my Altamira (same frame as you)! Good luck with the family, and finding that new life balance.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks!

Pic from tonight with my climbing wheels. Kinlin XR19w/CxRay/BHS - 1350g

13.8 lbs
6.2 kg

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I like the white spokes, did you paint them or did you get them like that?

what is your opinion on the kinlin rims vs the archetypes? can you notice the extra weight?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

The white spokes are stock from Sapim. I noticed while browsing that they sold white ones on Fairwheel, so thought they would add a bit of splash to the build. I had them built locally and told the builder to surprise me with the design. I like the result a lot! Not sure if they white spokes weigh more or not, I would assume there is a bit of a weight penalty.

I can certainly tell the difference in these to the Archetypes, these spin up much faster and "jump" more going uphill. I can also notice a bit of a difference in comfort, but I run these with Vredestein Fortezza Slicks that are much lighter weight (~180 grams) and are very soft so I run at higher pressures. The Vredestein latex tubes mitigate the rolling resistance loss from the skinnier wheel.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Guess I am keeping her.....at 6.2kg, I really can't complain. I very well may have been regretful if I had sold her anyways....... :beerchug:

Getter

by Getter

VW guy! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com