Cannondale CAAD 8 SI + old Rush & Scalpel 100 + new Flash

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

Here's my new/old CAAD8. I bought the frame and crankset on Ebay and they were in mint condition. The wheels are not mine, but they suit the bike very well IMO. It's a mix of Ultegra drivetrain and Record brakes. The bars are the New Ultimate carbon bars. Very nice bars with 75mm reach and 125mm drop, which gives a perfect position in combination with the 120mm Thomson X2 stem. The finish is second to none and feature some kind of unidirectional fiber I havn't seen before. I think the next upgrade will be a new Fizik Arione CX saddle to loose 100g and lighten up the look a bit.

I'll post some more closeups of the parts shortly.

Attachments
04072009_web.JPG
Last edited by Anders on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Phill P

by Phill P

Nice build! You are right the wheels and tyres really do suit the rest.

How do you go with no QR on the brakes?
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders

by Anders

Regarding the brakes I just unwind the adjuster on the brakes, when removing the wheels. I might upgrade with some SRAM Force og Red at some point.

Attachments
CIMG0811_web.JPG
CIMG0815_web.JPG
_web.JPG

Stats

by Stats

Nice, i like these bikes and how they're naturally stealthy looking without being the try hard stealth, no labels look... love the wheels - maybe buy them off your friend :lol:

Anders

by Anders

Finally i got the last parts for my factory repainted Rush from 2006. It got the 2009 BBQ paint scheme and was actually send to Cannondale before I found the CAAD8 on Ebay. Weight is around 10.3 kg. The hollowgram cranks have been mounted using Extralite E-Bones W cups and a machined spindle. The first pictures were taken just as the sun was on it's way down witch provided some nice light. The gold aluminum Lefty bolt is made by Woodman. The Lefty boot is the old 100mm version witch EightyAid mounted when they serviced my fork.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Pretty darn cool lookin' bikes Anders, especially the Mt bike (o_o)!
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Anders

by Anders

Thanks, it's also the one I use the most. But now that it's finished I'll start upgrading the road bike, whitch I'm more and more into.

Anders

by Anders

The bug got me. Just ordered some Super Record and some Neutron Ultra wheels to finish the build. For brakes I'm trying to talk myself into buying a lightly used set of ZG's. I'll post some pictures when done, should hopefully be hitting the 7 kg mark. To the wife the project goes under the name of "Winter training bike build up" :wink:

Phill P

by Phill P

Love it - matching BBq MTB and CAAD!

Both bikes are screaming for some colour high lights.

Any chance of changing the gold Leftie bolt for red? I tihnk those BBQ bikes look great with some red bolts around the place to go with red logos on stems and seat posts etc. You could do red leftie bolt, QRs for the rest, red chain ring bolts, and red bottle cage bolts. Might be getting a bit too much but you could look at red disc brakes (levers and calipers) and sometihng like red TRPs for the CAAD.

I'm looking at the Rush and hoping they do BB30 Al BBQ Rush frames for 2010 so I can do all the above......
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

beautiful bike.
can you tell us more about the NU bar? stiffness? weight?

Anders

by Anders

phallenthoul wrote:beautiful bike.
can you tell us more about the NU bar? stiffness? weight?

Sure, the weight is 170g in the 42cm version. The bar is quite stiff in the hoods and in the bend. You will feel it flex if you grab it close to the end in the bends though.

I was looking at one of these compact bars and the finish is very nice. A nice feature is also that the cables are routed in a tunnel under the bars and exit where you would normally stop the bar tape.

Anders

by Anders

Just got the Neutron Ultra wheels today. The wheels are extremely well finished and just look well engineered. The rear wheel came in at 870g (claimed 840g) and the fron wheel weigh 675g (claimed 630g). The rims look very light, but does anybody know the weight of these?

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Hello Anders,

really nice bikes - you know I kind of like your mtb hehe but the roadbike has turned out really sweet. Looking forward to seing the roadbike with campy wheels even I like it with those zipps!

and btw - welcome back :-)

jediknights

by jediknights

nice bikes man!
hey i just always pass it on to bigger guys because i am one. i got a lot of creaking from the 2x stem when sprinting or climbing in the drops soon as i went to a 4 bolt system it went away.
Theforcetraining.com

Anders

by Anders

jediknights wrote:nice bikes man!
hey i just always pass it on to bigger guys because i am one. i got a lot of creaking from the 2x stem when sprinting or climbing in the drops soon as i went to a 4 bolt system it went away.

I have the same problem but found out, that in my situatuation it's the top cap that is the sinner. If I undo it the creaking stops, so I just greased the stem/cap interface and it went away.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com