2013 Trek Madone Five Series Project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

euan

by euan

Colonia wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:
Colonia wrote:With an angled stem, the hoods are usually set to match the stem angle

nope.

Rather than get technical with someone who seems to have no interest, I'll just leave you with this:
Campy:

http://www.colnago.com/m10s/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Or Shimano levers, if you prefer:

http://www.cannondale.com/deu/2013/bike ... oad/caad10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

This means nothing, how a bike looks in a photo for the manufacturers website has nothing to do with bike fit. Lever angle should be set to what produces a comfortable wrist angle.

Colonia

by Colonia

euan wrote:
Colonia wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:
Colonia wrote:With an angled stem, the hoods are usually set to match the stem angle

nope.

Rather than get technical with someone who seems to have no interest, I'll just leave you with this:
Campy:

http://www.colnago.com/m10s/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Or Shimano levers, if you prefer:

http://www.cannondale.com/deu/2013/bike ... oad/caad10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

This means nothing, how a bike looks in a photo for the manufacturers website has nothing to do with bike fit. Lever angle should be set to what produces a comfortable wrist angle.

Well, it was in response to a guy claiming that modern lever tops should be "level with the ground". Which, on an angled stem is not true.

I agree with you in part -- comfort and wrist angle are key, but their are still base rules about lever position, traditionally speaking. The lever tops should ideally follow stem angle, an additional "rule" is that for old-school bars, the lever tip should be about level with the bottom of the bar. On compacts, that goes out the window, however.

Also, the way a bike is pictured in a catalog usually follows conventional norms of bike setup, so they do relate directly to how a bike should look when set up correctly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

Get out of this guy's build thread and take it somewhere else.

Colonia

by Colonia

573 wrote:Get out of this guy's build thread and take it somewhere else.

The conversation stemmed directly from his build. Sorry we aren't discussing what you feel we should be discussing on a public message board. :roll:

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

I did mention that I lowered the bars only to suffer pins and needles in fingers after 15miles each time I tried.

Not to worry people often have difference of opinions. :thumbup:
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

Colonia

by Colonia

TrekUk wrote:I did mention that I lowered the bars only to suffer pins and needles in fingers after 15miles each time I tried.

Not to worry people often have difference of opinions. :thumbup:

People are entitled to opinions. But it is a fact that your bar setup is fine :thumbup:

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Here is the current bike weight now with the DA9000 Crankset fitted and some titanium skewer which I will update with shortly.

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

The WW side of me is clearly coming out, some of these arrived yesterday :) ....

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

First off here are the new titanium skewers 43g a set! look the part to...

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Finally running full DA9000 transmission, only upgrade left is the DA9010 "AERO" Brakeset which will come next month and I believe saves 30g per caliper.

Still considering R-sys wheelset.

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

As it stands, Apologise for the radiator in the shot lol...

Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

You take the worst photos. Do you not know how to stand a bike up straight and take proper height picture? As much time as you waste on this website one would think you would have figured that out by now.

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Just like my saddle height and stem placement, Ill take the photos how I want to take them.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

I mentioned nothing about the saddle/stem as I know everyone's fit is different. I don't even have a slammed stem. However, the angle of the full bike pics makes me dizzy looking at it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

I do agree. As much work as has been put into this build, it deserves some decent photos. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of this bike outside except for the radiator shots. Do you ever ride it? Also, can't really tell if the chain is on the smallest cog, but if so, your chain looks a few links too short. The RD may not like this once in 53/25.