My "N+1 hobby got out of hand" Collection

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Daveke

by Daveke

Hi guys,

Let me introduce myself first before I dive into the details of my collection that got out of hand :D
My name is Davy, 35 years old, father of two (10 months & 2,5 yrs). Been working as a ICU-nurse for 13 years and had a small business on the side.
As of the 1st of April I had the chance to become the owner of my favourite bikeshop close to where I live and I grabbed that chance with both hands!

Before my dream of owning a bikeshop came true I have always had a soft spot for nice bikes, not really having a preference for a brand at all. I have had a slight favour for Cervelo and Specialized, but can appreciate almost any brand out there. I have raced bikes in my twenties, and have quit with that as I wasnt made for the elbow-pushing and fighting for your spot in the peloton. For a brief moment I had quit riding and focussed my attention on cars, coming back to bikes at an age of 28 again. Since then the hobby got out of hand and bikes were changed quite a lot over the last year or six. Two years ago I was, at least for me, at a breaking-point when I decided to get rid of all of my rim-brake bikes and go full-on for disc-equipped bikes. Since that moment I havent sold any of my bikes, but the stable only grew larger.

I'll start posting pics in this topic soon!

Cervelo P5 (2019)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
The Cervelo TT bikes have always been my favourites, dont exactly know why but I throughy enjoyed my P3, P4 and both my P5's - all in rim brake. When the Disc version came out, I got it as soon as I saw the first spy-pictures. No more tweaking your front end for a looooong time when you want to adjust position but only a few bolts. I simply love this bike.
Built with: Cervelo handlebar with Aerocoach extensions, SRAM eTap 11 speed 1x with Quarq, Aerocoach 54t, 11-25 Cassette. Aerocoach Zephyr of Disc/Titan wheelset, Continental GP5000 25mm tubeless/Vittoria Corsa Speed 23/25mm tubeless, Specialized Sitero Expert saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Cervelo cage/bottle. All bearings switched to C-Bear Ceramic, and OCM Max wheels in a Wifli cage to not have to install these f*gly Ceramicspeed cages

Cervelo S5 (2019)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
Got this one straight after the Venge and I still cant really choose which one I like best. This specific bike will be re-built in 2021 with the new chameleon green/blue frame and this particular frame will receive a new set of parts.. To be continued :wink:
Built with: Cervelo stem & handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-28 Cassette. Zipp 808 wheelset, Continental GP5000 25mm tubeless, Specialized Power Comp saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Cervelo Caledonia5 (2021)
TEMPORARY PICTURE (with Zipp 303)
I was informed by the Caledonia through our Cervelo representative and ordered a purple one for the shop-floor to make it stand out a bit between all the other bikes on the floor. Black is only black, right?
Built with: Cervelo stem & handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-28 Cassette. Zipp 404 wheelset, Continental GP5000 28mm tubeless, Specialized Power Comp saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Cervelo Aspero (2020)
TEMPORARY PICTURE (with Zipp 404 and 3T Stem)
Once the Aspero was announced I immediaty ordered one, had to wait some time but I needed to have it in this lovely colourway. The mint "splatter" really stands out on the deep green.
Built with: Cervelo stem & 3T handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed 1x with Quarq, Rotor 44tooth, 11-28 Cassette. Zipp 303 650b wheelset, Continental Terra Speed 40mm tubeless, Specialized Power Comp saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Specialized CruX S-Works (2021)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
Watching CX on TV isnt good for bike-appetite.. I badly wanted it in this colour, couldnt get it anymore and found it in Spain. Overnighted parts from Japan (lol) and here it was.
Built with: S-works SL stem and S-works Shallow handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed 1x with Quarq, Rotor 40t, 11-28 Cassette. ENVE SES 3.4AR wheelset with DT240 hubs, Continental Terra Speed 35mm tubeless , Specialized Power Expert saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Enve cage

Specialized Roubaix S-Works (2020)
NO PICTURE YET
A bike needed for more comfort, and those winter rides where you dont see all the potholes and bumps in the road. I enjoy my Roubaix for those rides. Its easily the most comfortable bike out there, and for those who havent used a Futureshock : this stuff works, it works really good!
Built with: S-works stem and Aerofly handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-28 Cassette. ENVE SES 3.4 wheelset with DT240 hubs, Continental GP4000SII 28mm with Vittoria Latex tubes, Specialized S-Works Power saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Enve cages

Specialized Venge S-Works (2019)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
My love for Specialized started out with a Venge & a SL6. Both Blck with holograhpic logo's Back then I really wanted the Sagan edt's but they werent available anymore. The SL6 went, and when I saw the chance to snap up this Sagan edt I just had to. The amount of flake cannot be captured on a picture - its that bright. Its as bright as its ride-character. Before the SL7 came, this was on top of the list with my S5.
Built with: S-works stem and Aerofly handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-26 Cassette. ENVE SES 7.8 wheelset with DT240 hubs, Continental GP4000SII 25mm with Vittoria Latex tubes, Specialized S-Works Power saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Enve cages

Specialized Tarmac SL7 S-Works (2021)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
This bike was the 1st SL7. It replaced a SL6 that I truly loved and wasnt too sure of this being as great as the Sales Rep said it would be. How wrong could I be. It quickly became my favourite bike, and it still sits at that top spot.
Built with: S-works stem and Aerofly handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 50-34, 11-30 Cassette. ENVE SES 5.6 wheelset with DT240 hubs, Continental GP4000SII 25mm with Vittoria Latex tubes, Specialized S-Works Power saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Enve cages

Specialized Tarmac SL7 S-Works (2021)
This was the 2nd SL7 I built. I was very fond of the Spectraflair blue, untill we got a Boels in for a customer. I was blown away, I had to get one too for display in the shop, and riding it with our new club (which has quite a bit of range in their clothing, lol)
Built with: S-works stem and Aerofly handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-28 Cassette. Roval Rapide CLX wheelset, Specialized S-Works Turbo Cotton 26 mm with Vittoria Latex tubes, Specialized S-Works Power Arc saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and S-Works rib-cages

Specialized Shiv S-Works (2021)
TEMPORARY PICTURE
Our shop didnt do Tri or TT bikes at all. Straight after owning the shop I rolled in my P5 and ordered a Shiv. If its not there, you cant sell it. Luckily this worked, and we sold a nice Shiv too after seeing this built up.
Built with: Specialized with Aerocoach extensions, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 53-39, 11-25 Cassette. Aerocoach Zephyr of Disc/Titan wheelset, Continental GP5000 25mm tubeless/Vittoria Corsa Speed 23/25mm tubeless, Specialized Sitero Expert saddle and Fabric bar-tape. All bearings switched to C-Bear Ceramic, and OCM Max wheels in a Wifli cage to not have to install these f*gly Ceramicspeed cages

Specialized Aethos S-Works (2021)
TEMPORARY PICTURE (temporary stem, handlebar, bottle cages, seat clamp and more)
Revolutionary. I was planning on building a lightweight bike on a Lightweight Urgestalt frame and then this came. Out with the Urgestalt, in with the Aethos. I've weighed every single part and with the last few tweaks I've got on my sleeve I am hoping on getting it below 5.7kg FULLY equipped in a sz 58 (pedals, power meter, garmin mount, bottle cages - the lot)
Built with: Darimo handlebar, stem and seatpost. SRAM eTap with Quarq, Carbon rotor rings & C-Bear carbon pulleywheels. Rotor 11-28 Cassette. Extralite wheelset, Continental GP5000 23mm with Tubolito S-Road tubes, Berk Dila saddle, LIzard Skins 1.8 bar-tape and Carbonworks cages & garmin mount

3T Strada Team (2020)
TEMPORARY PICTURE (with Enve wheels and parts)
The first 1x in the collection. The plan wasnt to build this to go climbing, not to put one of those huge cassettes on. This was built as a bike to go hard on for 1 hr, or 1,5 hrs max. That plan succeeded.
Built with: 3T Apto - Aeroflux, SRAM eTap 11 speed 1x with Quarq, Rotor 48t, 11-25 Cassette. DT Swiss ERC47 wheelset, Vittoria Corsa 28mm with Tubolito tubes, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and Arundel cage (from Ali)

Pinarello Dogma F12 (2021)
NO PICTURE YET AS FRAME IS ON THE WAY
I went for a MyWay scheme, containing white, Borealis blue-purple and Metal Silver logo's! I find it to be a very attractive bike...
Built with: MOST Talon Ultra, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-26 Cassette. DT Swiss ARC80 wheelset, Vittoria Corsa 25mm with Tubolito tubes, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Bianchi Oltre XR4 (2021)
Celeste, well - what would you need to say other then once you say Celeste you think Bianchi.
Built with: Vision metron 5D, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-26 Cassette. DT Swiss ARC62 wheelset, Vittoria Corsa 25mm with Tubolito tubes, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Wilier Cento10Pro (2021)
Cant go wrong with Ramato. Iconic colourway in my book!
Built with: Wilier Alabarda, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, 11-28 Cassette. DT Swiss PRC65 wheelset, Vittoria Corsa 28mm with Tubolito tubes, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Colnago C64 (2021)
I bought this bike mainly because of the wicked Mapei paint scheme! Havent ridden it yet, as it is only a week or two old..
Built with: Colnago stem and R41 handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 50-34, 11-30 Cassette. DT Swiss PRC35 wheelset, Vittoria Corsa 28mm with Tubolito tubes, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Supacaz galaxy bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)

Specialized Venge - Bike for the Kickr (2020)
NO PICTURE YET
This thing was built as we got a frame in our hands that was surplus for the shop. I had some eTap mechanical parts from breaking a few bikes a while back and the idea of building a Kickr-only bike was born. It sits on the floor, paired to a Kickr power now for display and test use.
Built with: S-works stem and Aerofly handlebar, SRAM eTap 11 speed with Quarq, Rotor 52-36, Specialized Power Expert saddle, Fabric bar-tape and Arundel cages (from Ali)
Last edited by Daveke on Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Errrr. Pardon??? Lol wow can't wait for some pictures..
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Daveke

by Daveke

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:25 pm
Errrr. Pardon??? Lol wow can't wait for some pictures..
First ones I just took, and are online :P

mrlobber

by mrlobber

OMG, you must have a full time servant at your house just for pumping the tires up regularly for the bikes! :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Daveke

by Daveke

mrlobber wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:41 pm
OMG, you must have a full time servant at your house just for pumping the tires up regularly for the bikes! :D
I do, it's a Rennkompressor! One of those green 75y editions with a leather grip. Been faultless for over a decade now!!

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Uhhhhhhhh ok then.

themidge

by themidge

Wait have you just kept swapping the same parts across so many frames, or are they actually all built up?

Either way, impressive collection!

Daveke

by Daveke

themidge wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:28 pm
Wait have you just kept swapping the same parts across so many frames, or are they actually all built up?

Either way, impressive collection!
All built up :mrgreen:

Some guys collect cars, others collect stamps. I collect bikes I like.

themidge

by themidge

You must be hoarding the entire global supply of Etap 11s

Daveke

by Daveke

themidge wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:38 pm
You must be hoarding the entire global supply of Etap 11s
The last few groups for oncoming projects were harder to find, I'd have to admit that yeah.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Many gorgeous bikes you have in your collection but I especially like the Aethos and hoping you can provide us with more details as you try to attain the weight goal of 5.7kg. Looks like you favour the 11sp etap for sure and I didnt think there was that many groupsets still available.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

LewisK

by LewisK

Wait, so they are all built up at the same time, that's impressive.

LewisK

by LewisK

I've just realised there is a F12 on the way 😃

synchronicity

by synchronicity

How do you decide what bike to ride? :shock:
It must be something like the Thunderbirds deciding what vehicle to take on their next search and rescue mission! :lol:
My eyes bugged out at the first bike, and then they just kept coming!

I think I like the purple one best! :mrgreen:
It's a nice collection although not really my cup of tea to be honest (and that's not a sour grapes thing either).
Don't get me wrong, I think all your bikes look great, they just wouldn't be my 1st - 15th choices. :lol: :oops:

Speaking for myself, having just two road bikes really makes me finetune what I appreciate the most. :|

But since I am moving in the product design direction, I have found that being able to essentially create any shape I want on a computer reduces the desire to own many things. I can appreciate shapes and how the designer might have gone about producing that shape. Also I have learned to simply appreciate designs and shapes without having to physically own them (or at least that's what I tell myself).

It would be nice to find out the stories behind these bikes and what made you choose to buy them.
I'm actually going to make a few YouTube videos about my bikes and why I got the parts I did...
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

Nice collection. Do you actually ride the bikes?