My new 'old' Colnago spring project :-) Finished Images Pg4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lig

by Lig

Hi Chaps,

Heres the old size chart......I am pretty sure this applies to all Colnagos pre-integrated head sets... I thought that was one of the beauties of Colnago, that whatever the model the geo was always the same...

http://www.windwave.co.uk/colnago/Docs/ ... _Chart.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a printed copy at my desk side and use it as a guide when sizing new frames from other manufacturers.

Cheers,
Lig.

cerro

by cerro

I have to follow this. Looks really nice. Dreaming of a Colnago C50 (Or Time VXRS World Star Ulteam).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c50jim

by c50jim

My son has that frame and paint in a 58s. It's just built with Record 10 and normal wheels but I think the weight is in the 7.5-7.7 kg range. So, although your Boras will be quite a bit lighter, I think it will be difficult to reach 7 kg.

A couple of little things:

- with that 27.2 post you'll need a shim since the C50 was the old Colnago carbon standard 28.0
- they're kind of cheap but I bought my son some Elite plastic cages with Italian flag colouring that look really good with that paint
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... 3000000000

If you haven't ridden a C50 before, I think you'll find the ride a lot more compliant than your EPS. I find the EPS a little harsh for my taste (size 59t, weight 185 lb), The C50 will probably be more like the Parlee but will have that great Colnago handling.

Good luck with it.

manne

by manne

Get it built up maaaan :roll:

lirek15

by lirek15

Wow Lig, that is a beauty and my size too! If you ever want to sell, well let me know ehehehhe :D
Looking forward to the build.

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

Beautiful pictures, can't wait to see it built.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

chocy

by chocy

This is going to be great! Can't wait for full build pics!
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

Lig

by Lig

Cheers guys..... no pressure on me building it then :lol: maybe make a start this weekend!!

Thanks for the info C50Jim - I have got a shim and by chance have also bought those cages, but like you say I dont know if they will cheapen it or not? I might have to go with some white Arundel Mandibles..

Thanks

Lig.

mrfish

by mrfish

Really looking forwards to seeing this. I have a C40 which I've not been able to part with, so I'm sure you'll like the C50.

My only recommendations would be to try a more standard bar as I think the Deda 35 might look bigger than the frame tubes. Saddle is your choice also, but mine would be a white Prologo Scratch Nack HWD with matching tape.

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Perfect!
Can't wait to build up mine too :) it's the prettiest Colnago paintscheme ever IMO.

Lig

by Lig

Nice one Simon, Do you have the same model? What size is it and what are you putting on it? Have you started a thread?

Cheers,
Lig.

mattthebeers

by mattthebeers

That is going to be fantastic!

Simon BP

by Simon BP

Mine is an EP in size 52cm slope. I have some red fulcrum zero's, a campa 10 speed pro tour limited groupset wth ZG 666 brakes, and I will use Cinelli Ram handlebar and seatpost, a Flite limited edition saddle and some leather bartape :)

I have not made a topic in here yet, and will also not do so before I have built it up, as it is one of 3 projects I am currently working on.

iscarrr

by iscarrr

Seeing a post like this, with all your plans layed out, using top notch parts, is huge part of the reason I visit this forum.

Like everyone else has said, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lig

by Lig

Thanks for all your complementary words guys... It has persuaded me to build it sooner than planned... So..... I got all 'excited' and started.

Tomorrow I will put the chain and saddle on and then it will just be the cables I am waiting for before I can 'tape her up'!

I will post a pic, tomorrow or Thursday pre-cables and tape, weather permitting!! Those red bars look slicker than i thought!!

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com