Canyon Ultimate CF SL - Super Record EPS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Ok it's taken me a while to work out how to upload the photo.

Canyon Ultimate CF SL - Large Frameset
Campagnolo EPS SR Groupset
Chorus Cassette 11-25
Chain: KMC X11 SL
Chris King R45s with Gigantex 50mm clincher rims laced with Sapim CX Rays 20/24
Bontrager XXX Aero Handlebars
Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow Saddle
Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2 CR
Canyon Bottle cages - now changed for Arundel Mandibles (need a new photo).

Currently weights 7kg (on my cheap scales)

What next? Bora One 35 Clinchers, maybe a SR Cassette?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sub7kg

by sub7kg

I'm also considering changing back to a conventional headset for a bit more slam!

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

Very nice, lighter bars and cassette and you're talking at least 200grams less. Throw in some tubulars and you're down to 6.5 kg. Not that I wouldn't tide it like it is right now! :D

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Eperezalonso wrote:Very nice, lighter bars and cassette and you're talking at least 200grams less. Throw in some tubulars and you're down to 6.5 kg. Not that I wouldn't tide it like it is right now! :D

Thanks I think the bars are 235g (quote bontrager) they came off my old bike. I may change them, I'd want something slightly aero with internal cable routing. Any suggestions?

If I went for a lighter cassette it would have to be a SR one - that would save me say 50g??

I know I could save loads with Tubs - I always do a long weekend / short week cycle touring with my mates. If I had an issue with flat tubs I could never live it down. (I've had my EPS run out of power before)!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Wow that's splendid

Nice to see it with Campagnolo outfit

Such a clean design overall

Eperezalonso

by Eperezalonso

sub7kg wrote:
Eperezalonso wrote:Very nice, lighter bars and cassette and you're talking at least 200grams less. Throw in some tubulars and you're down to 6.5 kg. Not that I wouldn't tide it like it is right now! :D

Thanks I think the bars are 235g (quote bontrager) they came off my old bike. I may change them, I'd want something slightly aero with internal cable routing. Any suggestions?

If I went for a lighter cassette it would have to be a SR one - that would save me say 50g??

I know I could save loads with Tubs - I always do a long weekend / short week cycle touring with my mates. If I had an issue with flat tubs I could never live it down. (I've had my EPS run out of power before)!

I know this is weight weenies but it doesn't sound like it would the weight/$ savings are worth it. I thought those bars were heavier so you could probably not get more than 30-50 grams less if you went with something like 3T Ergonova LTD Stealth. The cassette could save you up to 80 grams if you went with SR, so in total you'd be saving 100-130 grams but investing around $500 dollars :shock:

I'm with you with the tubulars, too much hassle in my opinion.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Eperezalonso wrote:
sub7kg wrote:

I know this is weight weenies but it doesn't sound like it would the weight/$ savings are worth it. I thought those bars were heavier so you could probably not get more than 30-50 grams less if you went with something like 3T Ergonova LTD Stealth. The cassette could save you up to 80 grams if you went with SR, so in total you'd be saving 100-130 grams but investing around $500 dollars :shock:

I'm with you with the tubulars, too much hassle in my opinion.

Thanks, I'll stick with the bars, I like them and they're a hassle to change with the internal routing. I'll consider a SR cassette and Record chain in the future, just so I can have a 'complete' SR groupset!

liam7020

by liam7020

Nice bike, good job!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Updated photo:
I've tried to tame the lawn and I've added the mandibles!

boysa

by boysa

Beautiful bike! Keep the chorus cassette and ride the darn thing. They last much longer than R or SR, and the money is better spent elsewhere.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

kgt

by kgt

It's a nice bike. Only spend your money to a nice set of tubular wheels IMHO.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Nice Canyon, I owned one, slx, few seasons back. Good choice of bottle cages, Mandibles are great. The only thing I dislike is clunky headset, spoiling a bit stem head tube connection.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

1415chris wrote:Nice Canyon, I owned one, slx, few seasons back. Good choice of bottle cages, Mandibles are great. The only thing I dislike is clunky headset, spoiling a bit stem head tube connection.

Thanks, Canyon offer a conventional steerer bung, then I could slam it. I'm thinking about it. The Acros headset seems to be a bit of a gimmick.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

That's very nice. Well done.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Wheels are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk