My SUPERSIX project THAT BLEW my budget (update 6-10-15)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Those wheels were meant to be on that bike. I think the title of this post may need to change though - "Budget" and "Enve" don't usually go together!

Enjoy them and don't obsess too much about the new weight.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

HA, you are right! I had been saving for a new set for a little bit. This project I did with the testing wheels really taught me that weight isn't the most important thing, especially with wheels. I LOVE these wheels so much. Amazing how much better the ride is with them!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Simonhi

by Simonhi

I love my Enves too.

One thing to watch out for if you ride in the rain, stopping distances are massively increased.

It's no biggy but is the sort of thing you need to know before you hammer a big descent in the wet.

You'll never regret the Enves, somehow they just feel special compared to everything else I've ridden.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Can you let me know who your wheel builder is? Somebody at River City? You have me thinking about a set of 38mm Carbon clinchers for my Black and White EVO now. I was just at River City last week buying a few small parts and looked at a few hoops hanging up and now your hoops have me looking harder.

The Dale is looking great, nice choice. Sometimes you just have to ride them to know.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Look565w

by Look565w

Bianchi10,

I dig those wheels, you have a magic ride!

I'm loving this thread, it's like a soap opera - never ending & full of twist & turns.

Keep it up!

Cheers

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

oreoboreo wrote:Can you let me know who your wheel builder is? Somebody at River City? You have me thinking about a set of 38mm Carbon clinchers for my Black and White EVO now. I was just at River City last week buying a few small parts and looked at a few hoops hanging up and now your hoops have me looking harder.

The Dale is looking great, nice choice. Sometimes you just have to ride them to know.

"Sugar wheel works" in portland, OR. Up off of williams street past broadway toyota. Jude is AMAZING

lovestheclimb

by lovestheclimb

Awesome wheels!

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Bianchi10 wrote:
oreoboreo wrote:Can you let me know who your wheel builder is? Somebody at River City? You have me thinking about a set of 38mm Carbon clinchers for my Black and White EVO now. I was just at River City last week buying a few small parts and looked at a few hoops hanging up and now your hoops have me looking harder.

"Sugar wheel works" in portland, OR. Up off of williams street past broadway toyota. Jude is AMAZING

I know exactly where that is.... ty

Now time to ride, the weather is amazing, we did 30 yesterday with 4k climbing. Now to ride with the family.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Quinn039

by Quinn039

good work my friend... you made the right call and your commentary on the back and forth has pretty well convinced me to go with a set of 45s for my build. Looks great, I enjoy the back story as well.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Quinn039 wrote:good work my friend... you made the right call and your commentary on the back and forth has pretty well convinced me to go with a set of 45s for my build. Looks great, I enjoy the back story as well.

You will love them! I can maintain 2-3mph faster on flats and 1-2mph fast on climbing! Also helps to know they look sexy as all hell

sunchaser

by sunchaser

Awesome looking bike. It has great balance. Good pics too.
Last edited by sunchaser on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LowCel

by LowCel

Bike is looking great Bianchi, one of my favorite crack-n-fails. ;)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

My WW account was locked for the last 3 months for some reason. been so frustrating not being able to post anything. But, I'm back with some feedback on the Enve's. They have been MAGICAL!!! No issues, unless you count an increased everything since I bought them being an issue.

I used these wheels for the Reach the Beach century ride (106 miles). It was a rainy century. I'd say 60% of it rained on us fairly hard and consistently. I'm not a rainy weather rider, but I figured I signed up for it, I needed to do it. I was in the best condition I had ever been and was super excited to put it to the test this year. We beat last years time by 55 minutes even with the rain! 106 miles, average speed was 18.1mph, 5:30 of actual ride time and 3624ft of climbing.

Wheels performed amazingly!
Last edited by Bianchi10 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I wondered where you went....welcome back!

Any more upgrades planned for the bike?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

nothing as of now for the bike. I have been investing in some Rapha gear which is taking all my money. I just dropped a considerable amount of money on a new Rapha Pro team kit. Bike is essentially done at this point. Only thing I'd still like to change is my conical spacer. I want an evo conical spacer, but it is such a low priority that its hard to drop $45 on one right now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com