My SUPERSIX project THAT BLEW my budget (update 6-10-15)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Yeah, I like how it is kinda glossy, but yet not overly shiny like mine. hmmmmmmm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Look like I will be ablentonuse the alligator ilink cable system after all! Bought the liners from fair wheel and a guy from another forum read about my issues about not being able to find brake liners, so he is sending me enough to do my bike!

So grateful and excited!!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Upgrades include:
-DA shifter's
-DA Rear Derailleur
-ilink cable housing
-9000 brake and shift cable's
-Installed Veloplugs on the Enve's
-Ultralight tubes
-I have KCNC RD pulleys in transit, should be here by weeks end.

I'm waiting to take it in and weigh it. If my math is correct, I should be around 14lbs on the dot if not under! (I weighed in at 13.1 without chain, cables and housing) I will be swapping out the handlebar tape for lizardskins 1.8 race tape which will save another 15g. I took it around the block and the braking does seem nicer, though if I'm being honest, I miss the ergo of the ultegra brake lever. The DA is a bit thinner, but I guess that's where part of the weight savings is.

paradawt

by paradawt

Getting better and better mate.

Congrats!
Berria Belador 7

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

As always, you have nice upgrades on the ride.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

loudtiger

by loudtiger

looks great. i really like the bars and your bar tape, and your new upgrade make an already great bike even better.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Geeze man, this is turning into quite the bike!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I swapped out my Fizik microtex gloss tape today for lizardskins 1.8 race tape. I wish I would have done this sooner!!! LOVE the feel of them, they are wicked light and I think it even looks better.

Fizik microtex was 35.3g + plug 3g = 38.3g (X2=76.6, lets just assume both sides were the same)

Lizardskins 1.8 race tape-25.4g for a full role -8.6g for the extra material not used=19.3g (X2=38.6g, again assuming they were both the same)

A difference of 38g!

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Told ya it was good stuff!

Incredible eh?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Yeah it is. we will see how durable it is.

I just got a SRAM 1090 Cassette and going down to weigh the bike here shortly. Excited to see what it comes out to

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Dude - time to buy a scale! :-)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Its on my list to get, but when it comes down to buying a part or a scale, I always go for the part.

I had my mechanic install my SRAM cassette but but my shifting was not good. We put my ultegra back on and it was also not good. We tried several different things but could not get it to shift properly. We threw on a regular cable housing and boom, it was just fine. Really not sure why my RD and shifter dont like the ilink's. Might be running a regular cable housing on the RD shifting cable for now until I can spend more time on the cable and figure out why.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Understandable - but you don't need to shell out for a Park scale - check out this site for inexpensive scale options:

http://dx.com/s/hanging+scale

Free shipping, but it will take time to make it to the US. Like a month+

Interesting note about the iLinks - lots of guys here are running them with DA / SRAM / Campy without issues. Did it shift properly before you tried the new SRAM cassette?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

Check for proper cable tension which can be crucial, especially at the bottom of the cassette (11t or 12t). Did the cable move freely inside of the housing and liner and is it lubed? Is everything the correct size since you pieced the whole kit from different sources? Any or all of those factors could play into poor shifting. A friend of mine is running the iLinks with Campy which can be picky and shifting is on point. I can't say enough good things about the new Jagwire link system. Have it on both bikes and it butter smooth, light and I think looks best out of all the options out there.