Colnago C60 - RSWH build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrgray

by mrgray

Hi,
I have a new bike on the way.

Out of interest am calculating predicted weight based on components. I don't imagine I will get a great match however in trying to get list as accurate as possible (and learn a bit) I thought i would ask others what components I am missing.

Current list is as per below. Note I have obtained these weights for the parts proposed on the build to date.

Are cables etc included with the groupset weight or is that what I am missing? Am I perhaps just missing a bunch of grease? I doubt the predicted weight of ~6.6 kg as I have looked at several other C60 builds and weights don't come in that low generally I thought. especially with a relatively heavy saddle as i plan to have.

Frame size is 52S. colour scheme is RSWH. I'll provide photos as I can (built at the shop, not by me).

It is proposed to have black seat and bar tape - rest is white.

Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

that saddle seems heavy ;)

arthurf

by arthurf

Bar tape, BB, seat clamp, cables & housings, parts weighing more than the description, grease etc

Look forward to seeing the build

mrgray

by mrgray

OK so i have updated based on feedback (thanks @arthurf). saddle weight updated too as i am getting the more modern "racing" regale.

Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

stevec1975

by stevec1975

To get it more accurate, you will have to increase the granularity, see the below from my Scott build thread

mrgray

by mrgray

ah. that is quite detailed. my favourite bit of detail might be "misc - air/talc/tape over valve hole - 18 g"

thanks for a lesson in how it should be done. my bike is being built by the LBS however this makes me want to take it all apart so i can weigh it right!
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

KCookie

by KCookie

You can always get your LBS to weigh and record all the parts, mine did a detailed list for me.

mrgray

by mrgray

bike yet to arrive but LBS say with 1 kg wheels on it (slightly less than what i'll end up with the Meilensteins) it is

my estimte was 6.619 (albeit with pedals) so comparable estimate is ~6.4 kg!

so a pretty good match. doesn't mean estimates were all perfect however as you do have a few things like grease and cables that are more or less and have covered over errors with estimates. (also fork that was trimmed).

anyhow with pedals it'll be around 6.7 kg for a 52S C60.

pretty enormous challenge to get it below 6 kgs. i think i'll focus on 14 lbs instead (6.35 kgs).

photos to come.
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

mrgray

by mrgray

haven't got the bike yet but the LBS has sent me photos of it built up. weight (sans pedals) is 6.5 kg. i absolutely welcome all thoughts. this is the first bike i've had built, all others bought second hand. i do really like the look of it so far though initially wondered if black seat post, bar and stem as well might have been the go. i've got a C59 so can't see that i'm in for any unpleasant shocks with ride quality and really looking forward to finding out how the lightweights feel versus the bora one's i currently use (albeit on the other bike).

Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg

tids0009

by tids0009

That looks absolutely BRILLIANT. Very nice build. Well done.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Colnago's done right are pure sex.

Exhibit A, above.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Beautiful frame color

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Very nice build!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

arthurf

by arthurf

I'm not usually a fan of Colnago's but this has changed my mind, love it! The white seatpost, bar and stem look perfect.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Wow, unbelievably beautiful in every way. Inspires me to get a white carbon lugged Colnago one day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com