2012 NeilPryde Alize

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I just upgraded my CAAD10 frame to a NeilPryde Alize. The CAAD10 was my first bike and got me hooked in this sport. I moved all my components from my CAAD to this frame minus the holograms due to the BB.

Build:
2012 NeilPryde Alize Large frame Matte UD carbon
2012 Red Shifters
2012 Red Yaw FD w/chain catcher
2011 Red black RD with sanded matte pulley cages
2012 Red Exogram GXP 53/39
Sram GXP Team BB
Planet X CNC gunmetal brakes
Zipp SL carbon 42 c-c bars
Zipp SC SL 110 stem beyond black
Cannondale SI expander plug
Stock FSA headset
Specialized Romin Evo Pro saddle
Speedplay Zero with Ward Ti spindles
PSIMET Kinlin XC279; 24/28 Sapim CX Ray; black brass nipples; White Industries T11 hubs
Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless with Stan's sealant/tape/valves
Ultegra 6700 12-23 cassette
Dura-ace 7801 chain
Zipp stainless skewers black
Generic 25g $10 carbon cages
Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth S/C
Wahoo RFLKT screen out front ala Garmin style I ordered today
Cables: leftover Yokozuna Reaction shift cables grey, Shimano Dura-ace full length brake cables grey.

The frame is a dream to ride. It's a great upgrade over the CAAD10 I had which was better than a lot of other carbon frames I had tried. I will add some weights when I get a chance but I believe it's right around 15 to 15.5lbs right now. With some light race wheels and cassette it could dip below 14lbs for a Large bike. I will be adding a KMC x10SL DLC next.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Musiker

by Musiker

Looks good!
As a long time windsurfer (since the 90s) I have the utmost respect for NielPryde's quality in their windsurfing gear - Been using their carbon masts, sails and wetsuits since I started and they are durable (waveriding) and are mostly well designed - If they are able to do bike frames of the same quality I would love one of their frames.. Not that I would want to part with my Parlee!!

plpete

by plpete

That is a very nice, clean and well thought out build. Like it very much. Will look sick with some deeper wheels.

Where did you get those generic bottle cages? I assume ebay but which seller? There are hundreds of them out there. I like their look. Is the finish 3k weave or unidirectional and was the weight actually 25 grams?

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

plpete wrote:That is a very nice, clean and well thought out build. Like it very much. Will look sick with some deeper wheels.

Where did you get those generic bottle cages? I assume ebay but which seller? There are hundreds of them out there. I like their look. Is the finish 3k weave or unidirectional and was the weight actually 25 grams?

Thanks. I got the cages from bikewagon but they were on closeout for $11 and out of stock http://www.bikewagon.com/closeouts/acce ... cage-black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Don't think they have them anymore. One was 26g and the other 24g but that was before I sanded them for a raw matte finish and sealed them with a permanent automotive sealant to protect from UV discoloration. The carbon is UD. They hold the my Purist Hydroflo bottles tight which is good because I love those bottles as they are soft. Almost like Arundel style cages for a fraction of the cost.

I'm sure there is an ebay seller somewhere that has them too.

As for wheels I would love to get a set of Enve 6.7 tubulars but the voice of reason kicks in. I don't race yet as I just got into cycling and don't have a need for them at this point. My wheelset now rides like a dream and is durable. I might consider some open mold rims and building a set for fun to learn how to build wheels. Would have to let a friend test ride them first though :)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Beautiful build Alpine!! Would love to see it in person

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Total weight as pictured: 15.6 lbs
Frame: 1080g
Fork: 341g
Seatpost: 244g

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I updated the seatpost clamp with the one off a stock Cannondale post. I didn't like the silver clamps that came stock. Also the support rail is much larger on the Cannondale clamps. Fit perfectly.

Also the Wahoo RFLKT was delivered this weekend and I love it. Right now I have it connected securely to a custom out front mount I made form a Bontrager node mount. It's very secure as the unit is so light. I do have a custom mount from Tillquist on the way for a Garmin. I will make a permanent modification to one of the Wahoo mounts to allow it to snap in Garmin style.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Oh yeah.....thats nice!

Marzz

by Marzz

That looks awesome!

:thumbup:
S-Works Venge

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Thanks guys. I really love this bike. Can't wait to get my custom mount from Tillquist to clean up the front end a little more.

JensW

by JensW

looks realy nice, have had mine for a year, and it´s the best frame i have ever had, and i have had some frames.
Are now waiting for the 2013 updated alize frame. really like there customer service to

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Yeah I agree that the customer service is outstanding. Really nice and the top execs love to talk to customers.

I received my custom garmin mount from Tillquist today and it's so nice. It's so clean looking. I need to grab a picture.