Pegoretti Marcelo build (7.04kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Another bike build.....
I found a used (near mint) Pegoretti Marcelo frame on Ebay from an Italian dealer. It has a much shorter headtube than a lot of the stock Pegoretti's, which is perfect for my riding position. I paid a fair bit for it but it just spoke to me :) I also bought some lightly used (under 50 miles) Enve 3.4 wheels with DT Swiss 240 hubs. I had the Superleggero Deda 35 bars and stem already. Groupset is Campag Super Record. Matched the frame with an Enve 2.0 fork.

Pegoretti Marcelo (55cm) framset, 150mm headtube.
Enve 3.4 wheels, tubulars
Tufo tubular tyres
Chris King headset
DT Swiss 240 hubs
Campag super record Groupset
Deda 35 Superleggero bars (42cm)
Deda 35 Superleggero stem (120mm)
San marco Carbon FX saddle
Enve 2.0 fork (45mm)

Weight (without pedals) 7.04kg

Last edited by Cloudman on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

964Cup

by 964Cup

That's lovely. Although you need an inline post, and I detest the four-arm Campag spider, which is why I mixed a 2013 SR-Ti chainset with the 2015 SR on my Enigma.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AUOC1OC6

by AUOC1OC6

A gorgeous Pegoretti and a lovey modernist home! :D

Certainly a man with class and taste! :thumbup:
AUOC1OC6
--------------------
AX Lightness Vial Evo D http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138599
Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Whoah!! That's a beauty!

ak47

by ak47

I love that bike, but I think I would like your house even more :D

corky

by corky

964Cup wrote:That's lovely. Although you need an inline post, and I detest the four-arm Campag spider, which is why I mixed a 2013 SR-Ti chainset with the 2015 SR on my Enigma.

Dario prefers setback seat posts......

Cloudman

by Cloudman

corky wrote:
964Cup wrote:That's lovely. Although you need an inline post, and I detest the four-arm Campag spider, which is why I mixed a 2013 SR-Ti chainset with the 2015 SR on my Enigma.

Dario prefers setback seat posts......

I must admit, I have struggled to find a seatpost that fitted. It's the old 29.4mm Italian sizing (which I prefer the proportions of for this frame over the new 31.6mm dia) I managed to find this Selcof carbon post for £18....It's Italian and light :)

mrgray

by mrgray

seriously great. love the colour and setup. well done!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Cloudman

by Cloudman

Just come back from the first ride......

I've been lucky enough to have owned some wonderful bikes over the years (Stork Fascenario, Parlee Z5i) and currently own a Colnago C60 and a Trek Emonda SLR (see my other posts for pics). This steel Pegoretti is the most fun on a bike I've ever had! The ride is sublime....it just soaks up the road surface (which in the UK is a pretty tough task). Carving into a corner at speed inspires confidence. It can't accelerate as fast as the Emonda (not much can to be fair) but once up to speed it just wants to go faster, carrying all the momentum you can generate through the cranks. It's stiff too....sprinting out of the saddle up punchy climbs felt as good as any carbon race bike I've owned.

I must admit I didn't think this bike would compare to my other bikes for performance. I was seduced by the heritage and the craftsmanship of his steel Marcelos. I was wrong. Dario seriously knows his stuff. Years of finessing his craft has certainly paid dividends and I am made up to own one of his creations. I can totally see why there is such a waiting list for his bikes.

I'm counting down the hours before I can take it out for another ride :)

kgt

by kgt

I love it but the enve logo is too loud. Looks like and enve bike and not a Pegoretti bike. I would try to remove the seatpost dewcal as well.

Other than that it looks amazing. A frame to keep for many, many years.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I'm glad to hear that the ride lives up to the looks. Sounds like you're really in love.

zebra

by zebra

It's good to know it compares well with the others. For £18 the seat post is very understandable. Really nice thing this.

LionelB

by LionelB

Nice bike even though that saddle needs to be pushed back and the Enve logo removed. 7.04kg seems a bit optimistic to me with this build, did you actually weighted it ? That frame is 2kg or so.

Cloudman

by Cloudman

LionelB wrote:Nice bike even though that saddle needs to be pushed back and the Enve logo removed. 7.04kg seems a bit optimistic to me with this build, did you actually weighted it ? That frame is 2kg or so.

Yes, weighed it. Frame is around 1.6kg. I was surprised aswell.

LionelB

by LionelB

Cloudman wrote:
LionelB wrote:Nice bike even though that saddle needs to be pushed back and the Enve logo removed. 7.04kg seems a bit optimistic to me with this build, did you actually weighted it ? That frame is 2kg or so.

Yes, weighed it. Frame is around 1.6kg. I was surprised aswell.

1.6, my Marcelo was 2.1kg even though it was bigger this is a big difference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com