B E A U T I F U L ...

enjoy,
monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

Ozrider

by Ozrider

That is stunning
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Nice! Like a Pro!
When are we gonna read your ride report? Just teasing... :D

Aaah, those wheels....

eurperg

by eurperg

Felt great on the rollers... Very smooth and it climbed like a goat ;)

I'm liking those Assaults too. Just changed new bearings to front hub yesterday, just needed three hex keys to change them. Even changing the rear hub axle was possible just with hex keys.

ronderman

by ronderman

Awesome!!!!!! More or less my build, too (campy, deda zero 100 cockpit and a regale saddle) but I gotta admit, as nice as my paint is (it's the GDBL color - the white with blue) I like yours better. You also slam that stem way more than me.

Enjoy, it's a great bike.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Of course I didn`t expect you to make any mistakes, but this build is perfect!
Parts (Regal, Reynolds, Campa, Deda) and paint is absolute my taste as well.

By the way, I killed my reynolds rims with yellow swiss stop brake pads in less than three hours.

Brilliant fotos! :thumbup:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Perfect build Eurperg. Be interested to hear how you like it after a few really long rides. Looks great. I know you had more of a classic bar before with more of a flat section on the drops. I tried the Deda Presa's for a while (same shape as the zero's I believe) and just never really liked the RHM shape of the curve. Actually gave that bar away as a Christmas present last year to a friend in desperate need of a decent handlebar. I went back to the traditional shape as I really need a flat spot on the drops that I can grab.

We have similar saddle heights within 5mm or so. So you must have quite a drop going on there. I run a 130 stem but can only do a 8cm drop with a traditional bend bar, realizing that the hoods end up being lower than on the bar you are running. And any more drop than that for me and using the drops becomes pretty unbearable quickly. And I defintiely like to have a usable drop position.

And I love the style and quality of that saddle and tried one of those too, but it just didn't agree with me so had to let it go.

Bet you can't wait to get some good weather to really test it out. There's only so much hillclimbing you can do on those rollers :beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

willy

by willy

looks stunning, top notch, enjoy.

the white matte is indeed a pain to clean, i use baby wipes after every ride, if not, dirt and especially grease, tends to get sucked in by it and it becomes super dfifficult to remove...good think is that it doesnt fade, like some other whites that turn yellowish after hours on under the sun, at least mine is still looking sharp after 21000 kms of riding pretty much everywhere...good choice on everything, of course we already knew that was going to be the case after knowing your ct2 and bottechia...
C59/11th st nw by willy gil, on Flickr

majklnajt

by majklnajt

eurperg, how were those pics done??

willy, nice shot! :thumbup:

LVGH

by LVGH

Brilliant bike and pictures! Love the Campagnolo kit and long stem slammed. Your cockpit is similar to my new bike, Deda Zero100 and Regale saddle. I'm also considering Newton shallow bars but I'm not sure if I even like the look that much better the Zero100. The latter will be more comfortable for me I guess. Did you weigh any of the bars?

eurperg

by eurperg

@LVGH, Zero100 bars were 267g in 44cm width, 130mm stem 139 grams.

@Majklnajt, white roll paper background, two studio flashes with soft boxes at 45° angles, shoot RAW with DLSR, set WB and adjust curves, crop, sharpen, publish... I have this setup at my studio, I do product photography sometimes...

@Willy, Looks good with black saddle and tape too! How would you compare the ride to your CT2? I'm thinking of ordering some special wax for matte paint (SwissWax) to protect the paint, have you tried something like that?

@Calnago, more drop when measured from the tops and drops, but the hoods are actually little bit higher than with Newton bars in my previous bike. With that drop, I can still bend my elbows to 90° for a nice a nice time-trial position, feels good with the long flat top area. I have the same bars in my CX bike and I have been happy with the shape. My saddle height is ~80cm, I can measure the drop and some other figures tomorrow...

@BxEddie, Whoa, what happened to the rims? I have used mine with Campy carbon pads sometimes, but maybe not anymore... :unbelievable:

eurperg

by eurperg

Drop from saddle top to tops and hoods is 115 mm in the pics.
With my CT2 and Newton shallow bars, the hoods are 10 mm lower and tops 10 mm higher.

Measurement from saddle tip to center of bars is 603mm with C59, and 595mm with CT2, (traditional 59 and 120mm stem)

willy

by willy

@eurperg, wish i had thought about the wax beforehand, didn't foresee it was going to be such a hassle, i say go for it, for sure it cant make it worse and will help at least a bit. Compared to CT2, its a little stiffer, tracks better i would say, especially on descents, while still being almost as comfortable. For me, best bike i've ridden ever, cant think of any way to make it better...i am sure your experience will be similar.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

eurperg wrote:@LVGH, Zero100 bars were 267g in 44cm width, 130mm stem 139 grams.

@Majklnajt, white roll paper background, two studio flashes with soft boxes at 45° angles, shoot RAW with DLSR, set WB and adjust curves, crop, sharpen, publish... I have this setup at my studio, I do product photography sometimes...

@Willy, Looks good with black saddle and tape too! How would you compare the ride to your CT2? I'm thinking of ordering some special wax for matte paint (SwissWax) to protect the paint, have you tried something like that?

@Calnago, more drop when measured from the tops and drops, but the hoods are actually little bit higher than with Newton bars in my previous bike. With that drop, I can still bend my elbows to 90° for a nice a nice time-trial position, feels good with the long flat top area. I have the same bars in my CX bike and I have been happy with the shape. My saddle height is ~80cm, I can measure the drop and some other figures tomorrow...

@BxEddie, Whoa, what happened to the rims? I have used mine with Campy carbon pads sometimes, but maybe not anymore... :unbelievable:

The brakesurface came off. I allways used Reynolds blue (like you do) and every thing was fine. But I think campa kork should be fine as well.
How is weather in scandinavia. Could you testride?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Great build....just perfect.... :D :thumbup:

Would love to know a final weight, I looked but didn't see one listed.