Cervelo R3 2008 nude carbon

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fitty4

by fitty4

PSM wrote:Nice. Wonder what it looks like around the BB ? Was the colur cracked and then the carbon ok ?

Yes! I dropped the chain a few times and the paint had chipped of to the bare carbon but the carbon was fine. I use a chaincatcher now and has saved a chaindrop on 3 occasions

micky

by micky

Not a fan of that fork but otherwise nice result! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

fitty4 wrote:
PSM wrote:Nice. Wonder what it looks like around the BB ? Was the colur cracked and then the carbon ok ?

Yes! I dropped the chain a few times and the paint had chipped of to the bare carbon but the carbon was fine. I use a chaincatcher now and has saved a chaindrop on 3 occasions

:thumbup:

monchito

by monchito

Hi Fitty4. "She" looks very nice, and 782 grm are very sexy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

For the cable guide problem, one solution could be to do a pair of indents with a small and round abrassive file. I can´t find the name in english but the literal translation from spanish is "rat tail" ´cos has the same form. The idea is to make a kind of way in the BB surface, around 0´6-0´8 mm deep, just at the bottom, at the place the cables touch. I did with an (aluminium) frame and it worked. With the cables tensioned, they didn,t scape.

The problem with carbon could be that with enought time the cable cut the carbon, but you also could do the indents a little bit wide, and use a short slice of inner nylon cable housing to protect it.

Anyways, is just an idea. Probably the smartest thing is to wait for the cable guide.

Ah¡ ... and did you think to sand the fork too. I believe it could look better that way, and a little grams sexier :wink:

Great job :beerchug:

fitty4

by fitty4

monchito wrote:Hi Fitty4. "She" looks very nice, and 782 grm are very sexy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

For the cable guide problem, one solution could be to do a pair of indents with a small and round abrassive file. I can´t find the name in english but the literal translation from spanish is "rat tail" ´cos has the same form. The idea is to make a kind of way in the BB surface, around 0´6-0´8 mm deep, just at the bottom, at the place the cables touch. I did with an (aluminium) frame and it worked. With the cables tensioned, they didn,t scape.

The problem with carbon could be that with enought time the cable cut the carbon, but you also could do the indents a little bit wide, and use a short slice of inner nylon cable housing to protect it.

Anyways, is just an idea. Probably the smartest thing is to wait for the cable guide.

Ah¡ ... and did you think to sand the fork too. I believe it could look better that way, and a little grams sexier :wink:

Great job :beerchug:

Thanx but I think my method wil work :
[imgImage
][/img]

if you look closely you can see the tape under the cable guide so it saved me a few grams for not using the srew for the cable guide.

Everyone is complaining about the fork and I totally agree it has to go, I did order a ritchey wcs but will not put it before march april when the snow is gone, I doubt that I can put the mkII blades on the ritchey fork. It will be sanded as well as the frame

PSM

by PSM

Skip Ritchey. Buy a 3T fork. Or a Easton...