Wilier GT 2013 Hello from Perth Western Australia

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Just built my new bike up. Wilier Gran Turismo 2013 with SRAM red, FSA Plasma integrated handlebars and Vision wheels. It is like riding velvet.

Hello to all and I look forward to browsing the forums
Attachments
Wiler.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

:welcome: What does she weigh?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Stand by.... it is a large frame.

Hold the phone on that and I shall find out.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

:thumbup:
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Bang on 8.0kgs.....a bit lighter than I thought it was going to be.

It's me who needs to trim up a little though

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That saddle points down a lot. You must have knackers the size of a sheeps'. Either that or this is your first ever road bike and you don't know much about positioning.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Or he's running a massive drop and values his genitals.

g_doraz

by g_doraz

...Or both.

Either way, great looking ride, and great to have another Perth local on here. Do you get out on any of the local rides?
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Thanks guys, I get out on for morning group rides with CRT from Brew Ha in Subiaco and have started with Access Unlimited who are great as well.

In terms of bike positioning I can assure you that I have had plenty of exposure. As this is a new set up it will take some time to make some finer adjustments over time. Having a lot of time in the saddle for Ironman events I find I like a more aggressive position on the bike. To maintain this position over 90+ kms the downward tilt on the saddle aids in releasing pressure. If you like numb nuts then by all means throw a spririt level over the saddle.

Previously the SMP saddle I was using was great and I wouldnt adopt such an angle using this saddle. However, I wanted to give this new saddle a go and with the position I have at the moment.... does not correspond to keeping it flat. I am certainly open to suggestions though!

I have to say that this bike is so nice to ride.... so so nice. It has been great perusing the photos on this thread. Such a sexy bike the Wilier. I feel sorry for the Lampre riders!

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Hey g_doraz ... where and who do you ride with? I am in the North Perth area and now I am doing a regular Mon - Fri looking for some more groups to ride with.

Have a great weekend

dellpan

by dellpan

It is wonderful, very beautiful. :)
Trek Emonda SLR

chrisbalde

by chrisbalde

Cheers guys. Put a few kilometers into her on the weekend, having tuned a few little creaks out she is on silent running. Simply a pleasure to ride.

In terms of upgrades :noidea: I openned my wallet and a moth flew out. I have invested everything I was allowed to spend so far. She weighs 8.0Kgs so may look how I can trim her down. But as I mentioned, it is me that needs the trimming down before I spend anything more on the bike. I will be looking at some cycling shoes first. The Focus bottle cages were from my previous bike so they will be the first things to be replaced.

I find myself day dreaming on the next opportunity I will get to ride. (this afternoon :D )

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Another Perthian! :thumbup:

I like it. Not enough Wiliers on the roads. This definitely looks like it was built to be ridden.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com