TREK Madone #7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Daddy yo yo, thanks for the words of encouragement! :thumbup:

I will comment on Colnago ride qualities after I try the Madone ;)
Although I must admit after swapping the stem from 82 degrees to -17 degrees.... it looked much better... but my descending abilities were somehow worse.

About the Deda parts... I will get the shiny ones IF i get the frame in that color I wish.
IF the frame will have a different color or if I make it into nude carbon, then I will very probably build it with black Deda cockpit.
And maybe also with a black groupset. I really like the look of DA 7900, but hate the look of the shifters. Unlabeled Sram Rival shifters would go well with the rest of the 7900 group.

As for the DA seatpost... it is a MUST on this build! A bit in relation to LA and a bigger bit to showing it enough ;)
Because with the tall Concor sadlle and my 75 cm seat height, it wont be visible very much.
This seatpost will give whole bike a look that it is set up properly and at the same time, that classic look.

The wheels..... I really hope I will sell the "xentis" wheelset. Not the it would be something wrong with them... they are VERY good wheelset!
But I just dont particularly like the that carbon pattern. If it happens they stay with me, I will make some matte black decals from nipples to carbon brake track to cover the pattern.
I think Reynolds or Dura Ace C50 tubular wheelsets are perfect for that bike! Unlabeled of course!

BTW, this is also a bit of a budget build! Because I planned if I sell the whole bike with both wheelsets, Xentis and Mavic Reflex, I still have 1000 € left ;)

Some guys is selling this frameset. After 1 week of emails.... he still refuses to make better pics. I dont understand that.... Is he hiding something...?!
I would go and have a look, but dont wanna make a 400 km/100 € trip...
What do you think?
http://www.mojalbum.com/1000watts/trek-madone-frame-set

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

If you meet him he will say "Hey it's not the right size for you" :lol: :lol: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yeah, probably :D

Daddy yo yo, you meant that one? ;)
Attachments
trekmadone5b.jpg

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Damjan, don't you like the SL or SSL better?

I think this 5.2 got some funky shapes, you will get tired of the frame sooner than with straight, understated tubes like on the SL.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Its possible. It really depends on what frame will have a good price, quality... color...

BTW, bought the new Dura Ace seatpost ;)

Rumsas

by Rumsas

I think the grey frame looks nice :thumbup:

KWalker

by KWalker

your descending prob got worse b/c it moved your reach out too far. If you go from a -8 to -17 at the same length you effectively add ~15mm of reach depending on geo.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I swapped from -8 Deda zero 120 mm to -17 3T 110 mm. Also swapped to bars with less reach.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

majklnajt wrote:Daddy yo yo, thanks for the words of encouragement! :thumbup:

I will comment on Colnago ride qualities after I try the Madone ;)
Although I must admit after swapping the stem from 82 degrees to -17 degrees.... it looked much better... but my descending abilities were somehow worse.

About the Deda parts... I will get the shiny ones IF i get the frame in that color I wish.
IF the frame will have a different color or if I make it into nude carbon, then I will very probably build it with black Deda cockpit.
And maybe also with a black groupset. I really like the look of DA 7900, but hate the look of the shifters. Unlabeled Sram Rival shifters would go well with the rest of the 7900 group.

As for the DA seatpost... it is a MUST on this build! A bit in relation to LA and a bigger bit to showing it enough ;)
Because with the tall Concor sadlle and my 75 cm seat height, it wont be visible very much.
This seatpost will give whole bike a look that it is set up properly and at the same time, that classic look.

The wheels..... I really hope I will sell the "xentis" wheelset. Not the it would be something wrong with them... they are VERY good wheelset!
But I just dont particularly like the that carbon pattern. If it happens they stay with me, I will make some matte black decals from nipples to carbon brake track to cover the pattern.
I think Reynolds or Dura Ace C50 tubular wheelsets are perfect for that bike! Unlabeled of course!

BTW, this is also a bit of a budget build! Because I planned if I sell the whole bike with both wheelsets, Xentis and Mavic Reflex, I still have 1000 € left ;)

Some guys is selling this frameset. After 1 week of emails.... he still refuses to make better pics. I dont understand that.... Is he hiding something...?!
I would go and have a look, but dont wanna make a 400 km/100 € trip...
What do you think?
http://www.mojalbum.com/1000watts/trek-madone-frame-set
well, for me it ALWAYS depends on how much you really want this frameset. i mean, if this is what you want, drive there, have a look at it and buy it if it's nice. i mean, i once was looking for a (used) manitou ht frame and after almost a year of searching i found one about 300km away from me. i drove there immediately, without much thinking, and came back a couple of hours later with my dream frame and a huge grin on my face!

but then, if this 2004 aerotube-ish frame is not 100% the frameset that you want to have, i would say then it's not worth going there...

btw, yes, the pic is oclv's bike i made reference to...
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

majklnajt

by majklnajt

You are right... I should drive there and see it.

There are three more colors that I like:
1. the Andromeda color
2. the blue one from 2004 Dauphine TT
3. nude carbon
Attachments
dscf3095.jpg
cn04-ssl_01.jpg

ThePullMan

by ThePullMan

Woah the Andromeda colour scheme bike is killer!! Sorry for OT but XTR(?) rear derailleur, Clavicula cranks and campy shifters?! Damn...
It isn't going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

i'd go with andromeda for two reasons:
1) frame shape
2) colour

make sure you'll build it with a blue chris king sotto voce or a cane creek 110 in blue...

however, i would still prefer "matte supernova":
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

KWalker

by KWalker

majklnajt wrote:I swapped from -8 Deda zero 120 mm to -17 3T 110 mm. Also swapped to bars with less reach.

From your previous thread you went from the Zero 100 to Rotundos- Rotundos position the levers lower and further out AND have more measured drop and reach. I've used the Retul zin feature to measure a lot of setups and have found that that bar switch alone provides ~15mm more drop and 1cm more reach.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I`ll see. Dont wanna rush into something and buy a frame that is not ok.
I like the supernova too...

True, I had Rotundos but then changed to Deda Newton shallow. Rotundo had too much drop and long reach.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wilson78

by wilson78

Loving the Supernova!
Curious to know, having never ridden a Madone of that vintage how they compare to the more recent offerings?
Are you intending to race it or just build a pimp ride?
My Titanium Lemond (RIP):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109635