I'm Beginner from Surabaya Indonesia with my TARMAC

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

anindita

by anindita

IKUTTTTTTTT

@monkeyburger : yang saya pernah coba : SURABAYA TRETES PP. saya pingin bgt bawa speda saya ke BALI monkeyburger. btw monkeyburger posisi BALI dimana ya? tapi mesti beli tas koper khusus sepeda dulu ya? btw rute mana di BAli yg ok utk nanjak nya? apa di UBUD situ? dan Tegalallang?

dita

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mbdub80

by mbdub80

this is what i ride currently,
2012 cx-1 with ulteg i2 complete bike. bone stock except for the slr saddle (18 lbs)

1989 superleggera at least 24ish lbs

iron horse warrior.. i dont even bother to weight this 1...

none of mine are weightweenies... berat2x semua :(

anindita

by anindita

@mbdub80 : wowwwww I like your bike mbdub80... mine is not weightweenies too... too much cost if I make lighter everypart of it. For me, the most important thing is the purpose of riding bike itself rather than to make se lighter lighter nya. heheheheeee. well why you choose colnago instead ? your MTB ironhorse, i've never heard about the brand. where is it come from? and I like the colour of your steel superlaggera also.... reminds me about vacansoleil BIANCHI OLTRE team.

btw your groupset is much better than mine... mine is TIAGRA.

best regards,
dita

mbdub80

by mbdub80

but your wheelset is far nicer than mine :)
shimano r30 weighs like a steamroller. pengen ganti mavic kysrium slr sih

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Hey Guys,
Man! It's like a full-on Warung Pojok happening here :thumbup:
There is really great riding here on Bali. The traffic can be a bit much down south, but I am riding out of our place (Ubud) and usually heading north via Kintamani for most of my riding. If you are coming in N. Hemisphere summer, the weather is usually perfect for long rides with clear skies up in the mountains. We are now getting into the start of the rainy season, so a 4-5 hour ride can mean pretty much ANYTHING weather-wise.
If you are planning for some rides here, check out these routes and profiles I've posted at tracks4bikers, http://tracks4bikers.com/tracks/index?name=&user=ocdlikeme&tags=&bounds=.
The central mountains beat riding the south coast road any day of the week.
The North coast is much quieter and is a beautiful place to do point to point, multiple day rides with numerous places to stay and GREAT fresh grilled seafood to be had.
@Dita, unless you are planning on flying A LOT and can justify the cost of a hard-shell case, I would suggest packing with a box supplemented with extra reinforcement. Based on recent experiences of friends flying with soft bike bags I would say a box or hard shell case is the way to go. Whether I drive or fly to Java I usually use my S&S coupled steel road bike, which fits in a small(ish) case. Please consider leaving your carbon wheels at home though. The roads of Bali frequently have sand on them which is volcanic in origin and EXTREMELY abrasive. It doesn't take much to kill a set of $$$ rims. I can lend you a set of wheels if you bring your cassette along.
@mbdub80 feel free to come to Bali with the Superleggera and forget to take it home :mrgreen: THAT is a nice ride, even if it could use some lightening up. Seriously though, please feel free to PM me and I can set up some rides with me and my buddies here to show you the roads.

Selamat Malam,
monkeyburger

PS Maaf, tadi pakai Bhs Inggris, tapi mungkin ada yang lain yang bisa manfaatkan info tentang Bali.
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

anindita

by anindita

@mbdub80 : why dont you change a high profile wheelset(so you have 2 kind of wheelset)? look like your route mostly are climbing? MAVIC KSYRIUM SLR is great wheelset...
in my opinion, I would rather have a great wheelset than a great groupset, thats why I bought my bike the lowest series of carbon frame(with TIAGRA). and spend a new wheelset. I'm in really tight budget... anyway, where were you bought your colnago?
SO whats part do you want to upgrade next, instead of KSYRIUM SLR?

@monkeyburger : well, look like you are a pro biker... have a lot experience. MOHON PETUNJUK SUHU :D !!! the problem is, I have only 1 roadbike and carbon frame too. maybe i can bring my MTB... do you ride everyday? by the way please POST your bike here...

best regards
dita

mbdub80

by mbdub80

if not ksyrium slr, i'm hoping for mavic r sys (cant remember which 1, but its the cheapest r sys lineup) or boyd wheels (small american company) where i can a sub 1400 aluminium clincher, which is very murah meriah.

actually i've been wanting to build my own wheelset. mavic open pro or ambrioso nemesis (tubilar) with tune hub or alchemy with sapim spokes. but im still debating if i want to take that route or just get a complete wheelset.

yeah i agree with you! i think wheels always a nice mod to begin with. lebih terasa bedanya compared to groupo

anindita

by anindita

i think if you are not in tight budget, you can go with R-sys(for me is expensive) or you can go with Ksyrium and change the ori bearing with ceramic bearing(enduro/F1/token/ceramicspeed(very very expensive for this 1)). I've never heard about BOYD in Indo till now. how about FULCRUM?

maybe tommorow, I'm gonna change my bearing with ENDURO zero ceramic bearing.

If you dont care about the brand, I'm suggest you to build your own wheelset. cause the important thing is The hub quality. the rest is much more similar I think(tutup mata lah- krn Rim ini yg bikin mahal adlh penelitian di terowongan anginnya)... :D and I'm not a PRO athletes roadbike such as Cavendish that must have a best wheelset on the market to win the Race.

best regards,
dita

mbdub80

by mbdub80

yeah fulcrum too is in my list (i completely forgotten about it) the racing light kalo ada dana or 2 1 fit. the strong selling point on buying complete wheelset is at least big companies offers crash replacement programs or manufacture warranties. unlike indonesia where people "beli putus" from distributor/ manufacture so there are little or no warrantee. but also the downside is I'm kinda nit picky with my criteria, nor i have really2x decide what i want as in aero vs weight. can't have both unless kantongnya tebel hahahahahahah
did you recieve my pm?
take care

boyd is a small wheel company that based in here. I will not be suprised if they are manufactured in asia by looking at the price.
here is the site
http://boydcycling.com/

anindita

by anindita

I'm still no recieved your PM.
well you were right bout BELI PUTUS... the best programme for wheelset is from MAVIC i think with MP3 programs. unfortunetly there is no official MAVIC DEALER. so lucky you, you can buy it overthere. In here, everytime I use my bike, always affraid with my mavic. takut masuk lubang gedeeee kalo ndak serius mantengin jalan.
Better if u wait till your budget well enough to get your wish list... yahh sabar dikit waktunya. tp dapet wheelset impian. its whorted i think.
I'm on tight budget too... ini aja mau ganti ceramic nunggu lammaaaaaa... heheheheeeee
so you decided to buy 2 kind of wheelset? aero and climbing?

I will PM you...

best regards
dita

mbdub80

by mbdub80

@mbdub80 feel free to come to Bali with the Superleggera and forget to take it home THAT is a nice ride, even if it could use some lightening up. Seriously though, please feel free to PM me and I can set up some rides with me and my buddies here to show you the roads.

definitely will. it has been a dream of mine to cycle in bali. i'm surprised rapha conti vid stopped in java, where bali is not too far away. supperleggera will definitely benefit from good lightening up, although i don't think i'm going to take that route. it has all the original component and as matter of fact, i'm thinking of selling it to fund my other road bike :( but we'll see...
how is the cycling scene/ community in bali?

hetchins68

by hetchins68

just do it and post some pict !
:beerchug:

mbdub80 wrote:if not ksyrium slr, i'm hoping for mavic r sys (cant remember which 1, but its the cheapest r sys lineup) or boyd wheels (small american company) where i can a sub 1400 aluminium clincher, which is very murah meriah.

actually i've been wanting to build my own wheelset. mavic open pro or ambrioso nemesis (tubilar) with tune hub or alchemy with sapim spokes. but im still debating if i want to take that route or just get a complete wheelset.

yeah i agree with you! i think wheels always a nice mod to begin with. lebih terasa bedanya compared to groupo

Getter

by Getter

Ivan...Daniel...Indo love fest! :mrgreen:

mbdub80

by mbdub80

and here we are, jackin people's thread lol..... ur done with your franco build?

hetchins68

by hetchins68

Black friday from Franco this year Lee ???

please..please... :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com