Anders CAAD10 for the 2013 season (Di2 installation)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RMcC

by RMcC

How do you charge the battery now that it's internal. Do you just remove the seatpost or do you use the new junction box that allows you to charge it still installed on the bike. I'm thinking of doing this conversion to a non dI2 frame and just wondered what you had done as I dint want anything mounted externally that I don't need.

Great build, I've been using it as a reference for many things.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

Cool, i like it :D
What frame size is it?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

RMcC wrote:How do you charge the battery now that it's internal. Do you just remove the seatpost or do you use the new junction box that allows you to charge it still installed on the bike. I'm thinking of doing this conversion to a non dI2 frame and just wondered what you had done as I dint want anything mounted externally that I don't need.

Great build, I've been using it as a reference for many things.

not sure if anders has it , but cal fee and other ebay people have this adapter thing where u can charge just via the cord that leads to RD or FD. So no need to remove post

Anders

by Anders

Sorry been away from this thread for a long time.

It's a size 60.

Regarding the charging I cut the connector of the charger and put on the standard connector used in the system so that I can charge it through the extra part in one of the levers.

A small update. Got myself a Tilquist for the Garmin. Nice clean look compared to those which clamp around the handlebar.

Anders

by Anders

As much as I love the feel of my R-sys wheels I am in the process of selling them. They are great for training rides with many accelerations, but for races with an average around 35-40 km/h they require too much effort. So what's next. They need to be aero and not too affected by the wind.

Had a look at Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLE or SLR, ZIPP 303/404 but then came across Wheelsmith Aero 60 http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/aero-60-clincher. Resonable in price and word is they ride better and are stronger than any of the above mentioned wheels. I would have liked something in the 50mm category but if the Firecrest like shape help reduce the influence from the wind I'll try som 60s.

Anders

by Anders

Found a set of Zipp 303 Firecrest clinchers that I couldn't resist. I hope to receive them late next week.
I expect to regain the speed of my Reynolds and the great handling that the R-sys had in the wind.

Juggler

by Juggler

Nice... looking awesome!
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Anders

by Anders

Received the wheels yesterday and used the evening replacing the decals with 2013 version. Weight is 674g and rear 819g including rim tape. Though they are used for 1700km they look like new. The bike is exactly 7,00 kg.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I had TRP 970SL brakes - they were crap. One splash of water and the little aluminium screws on the underside started to corrode. If there is one place you need steel hardware ...

Elrey

by Elrey

It's coming together great Anders! Would look cool with an X10SL in black. BOOM! Any way, i dig it!

Anders

by Anders

Thanks. I will have a look at that chain, though the plan was for no more upgrades this year.

Anders

by Anders

Received my Enve seatpost yesterday. I have still not decided if the Enve logos need to go or not as I think it clashes a bit with the frame graphics. I expect to receive a Spidering next week and it should be all done for the 2014 season. I can't think of any other modifications at this point besides that 11 speed thing :D

Elrey

by Elrey

No need to loose the Enve stickers. They fit.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Now you need an ENVE stem to match the seatpost.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

Anders, thought you said that you didn't want to buy any new parts for the bike? I still don't see a black X10SL?