Scott R4 with Ksyrium Equipe clinchers wheels. 6.243 Grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

by NapD

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

by Weenie

by mallorcajeff

Muy Bien Trabajo amigo!

Great work. Im over the water in Mallorca with a scott addict too. Great bikes.

by Velofreak

superb build. very catalan, very handcrafted. congrats!! forza al canut!!! y bon nadal!!

by Quinn039

Looking through these posts you've made some very impressive bits and pieces.... I'm curious to see this wheel project you've hinted at. Great work, awesome ride.

by dolophonic

Yes.. very good work. :up:

by monchito

Hi everybody¡¡

Some months ago i said that i gonna publicate the way i do some pieces. Well, sorry for the delay, but here are the first steps of the simplest one.
This is a part of a Dura-ace 7700 brake.

The first step is to cover the holes and to do a wall for simplify the process. The green stuff is simple kids plasticine.

one por monchito3000, en Flickr

After, you have to cover with some Gelcoat. I used Axson GC 1050/ GC-10 but anyone could serve. (Although first, you have to also cover the piece with some "desmoldant"/ release agent).

two por monchito3000, en Flickr

You have to wait around two hours, and then put the putty. I use a fiber glass one, from Axon too. It´s Epolam-400, but again, any putty could serve (even plaster).

three por monchito3000, en Flickr

And that's all for now. Next update will be sooner :soon: than this, ´cos i´m uploading this at more or less real time.
I´m also doing a carbon trumpet at same time, and it could serve as an exemple for the pressure way of working for hollow pieces, but i preffer to wait for a more "cyclistic" hollow piece.

by Fuchspk

nice thread with great ideas :thumbup:

by twigstim

wow lovely white ww. Looks so fresh and probably rides like a dream with those solid wheels.

by timj

nice work! and I'd be very interested in seeing the process of how you make the trumpet also!
Last edited by timj on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by fordred

amazing skills u have there.
I wish i know half of what u do.

Great work!!!

by Apileoftile

You are the man :thumbup:

I never even thought about that kind of stuff.
A Pile of Tile
Artistic Tile Inlay

01 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 98 Schwinn Mesa GSX, 04 Ventana El Chamuco, 07 Navara Bliss

by timj

can't wait for more!

by bigpab

That's a job well done.
M'agradat molt nano:-)

by Weenie

by monchito

Hi everybody and thanks a lot for your messages. Sorry for these months lapsus, but i´ve been surviving and had no time for crazy stuff, nor even time to ride my bike :(

Anyway, here comes some new photos and the compromise to show you all above projects finished before next year.

The first new thing is this carbón antischleck:

antischleck por monchito3000, en Flickr

Its nice, ultra-indestructible and light, but not light enough. I want it under 4 grams and now is 5,3.

Jajajaja, I just reread and I've realized how sick I am. But yes, this carbón antischleck is 1.5 grams too heavy.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Other little thing i did last days is this repair of bottle cage. It brokes and i took advantage to lower a bit the center of gravity :P

DSC03724 por monchito3000, en Flickr

Right, i can´t feel this 20 mm descent of the water weight (nor the 1,5 weight reduction in the future antischleck) but these kind of things freaks me out anyway :oops:

Here comes other bit of crazyness with some carbon Spoodpley plates. Here you can see the first steep:

DSC03386 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And tomorrow more pictures. This time you can bet on it :thumbup:
Last edited by monchito on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.