My new Madone!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Hey all! Proud to introduce my new road machine, a 2013 Trek Madone 6-series! Here it is, in all its glory:
Madone by allezkmiec, on Flickr

Here's the build:
Frame/fork- 2013 Madone 6 series
Stem- Bontrager Race X Lite
Bars- Easton EC90 SLX3
Saddle- Specialized Romin S Works
Wheels- DT 240 hubs on Kinlin 300 rims, Wheelsmith bladed spokes
Tires- Conti GP4000s, 25mm
Tubes- Bontrager SL
Cranks- Quarq S975 50/34
Derailleurs- SRAM Force
Shifters- SRAM Red
Brakes- Madone integrated
Chain & cassette- Ultegra 6700
Cables/housing- Dura-Ace
Pedals- Speedplay X-2
Cages- Arundel Dave-O

With pedals, both cages, pump bracket and Bar Fly Garmin mount, it tips the scales at 15.4 pounds. Should be closer to 15 pounds even with lighter tires and tubes for race season. Not too shabby! What do you all think?

yeaitsdave

by yeaitsdave

I love these frames, beautiful bikes. Cut that growth off your steerer and save a little weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Oh, that's in the works. Just have to make completely sure of bar height and stem selection before cutting!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I think we need more pics! :up:

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Ask and you shall receive!
Non-drive side view by allezkmiec, on Flickr
3/4 rear view by allezkmiec, on Flickr
3/4 front view by allezkmiec, on Flickr

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Seems like dropping the stem down and then flipping it would produce the same position, be perhaps stiffer and the stem would follow the slope of the top tube aesthetically - maybe the slope matches better with a non -17 degree stem. Regardless, it looks awkward right now, but I am certain the bike rides quite nicely. :thumbup:

I won't mention white tape, because I don't always follow that particular mantra.

em3

by em3

Nice ride, but why the -17 stem? Get an 84 (-6) degree stem and eliminate spacers and u will end up in same position. See http://www.brightspoke.com/t/bike-stem-calculator.html to calculate difference between two stems and needed spacers to archive same position. EM3

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

^ this......that -17 looks AWFUL! Otherwise, the bike looks sick!

wilson78

by wilson78

Very nice, you need to post a ride report! :thumbup:

The one i tested when i was ordering mine felt very, very good but would be interested in anothers opinion - have been waiting for the frameset since August now and the impatience is killing me.
The weight you've posted ( which is non too shabby for the build list ) gives me a good idea of what to expect when it does finally show up.
My Titanium Lemond (RIP):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109635

fio
in the industry

by fio

Nice looking but bike that stem and spacer arrangement needs to go! You can definitely achieve the same position by cutting the steerer and using a +/-6 degree stem. Other than that though, enjoy the ride!

NGMN

by NGMN

Does anyone actually read threads anymore?
OP STATED " Just have to make completely sure of bar height and stem selection before cutting!"

I think the bikes awesome, really love the new Treks.

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Glad someone caught that! The -17 stem came stock with the frameset. I was keeping it on until I figured out the exact bar height, like I said. It's now changed out for a -6 degree Ritchey 4-Axis, and there are now just 10mm of spacers under the stem. I agree it looks much better now. Pics will be posted once I take new ones!

The bike rides wonderfully, by the way. Certainly the stiffest frame I've ever ridden, and still quite comfy on rough, bumpy roads. The integrated brakes feel exactly like the Force brakes I had on my last bike, which I consider pretty high praise. I'm very impressed so far!

djconnel

by djconnel

I saw one of these the other day for the first time in a local shop (City Cycles in San Francisco). I was blown away how good it looked. Way better than previous versions. It reminded me a bit of the Scott Foil.

fio
in the industry

by fio

allezkmiec wrote:Glad someone caught that! The -17 stem came stock with the frameset. I was keeping it on until I figured out the exact bar height, like I said. It's now changed out for a -6 degree Ritchey 4-Axis, and there are now just 10mm of spacers under the stem. I agree it looks much better now. Pics will be posted once I take new ones!

Ahhh I didn't catch that! Looking forward to the new pics!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bssjackson

by bssjackson

Looks great! I have a madone 6.5 with new red that was shipped today......I think it's the same color. Great looking bike!